BOG breakfast then SDMT

Thanks! So far so good :grin: – we got to Universal Sunday.

1 Like

Sorry for the lack of detail.
Everyone who was finished early and leaves the castle could pretty much head to where they wanted within Fantasyland at least(not sure about beyond). If you wanted to ride mine train you lined up along the left-hand side of stroller parking outside of BOG(with BOG behind you). A cast member is there who holds you until they walk the group of you over.
They don’t let you go over to mine train whenever you are done, you have to wait.
Most deifnitely order food on the app! You can place your order now(which I recommend as the app was weird for me). It doesn’t matter what you order, you have to confirm when you go into the castle and can change whatever you want. I had pre-ordered an adult meal online, but changed it to a kids meal(still plenty of food) when I went in to pay.
The real benefit of pre-ordering is you are let in first. They have the groups that pre-ordered line up on one side and those that didn’t line up on the other. The pre-order people ALL go in before they let the first people that did not.
My sugesstion is the following:
pre-order at some point before getting there
get to MK around 7:45(or even a bit earlier), clear bag check and check in for your reservation(doesn’t matter when it is for as long as it is for before 9am)
they will let everyone with breakfast reservations in before the general crowd. if you want, this is a good time for a castle pic as it will be pretty empty and there are tons of free photopass photographers, but don’t linger too long
go check in at BOG, they will give you a rose and tell you to line up. if you pre-ordered, you will get in that line
BOG opens at exactly 8am with a bit of a ceremony
go in, confirm and pay for your order, find a seat, get silverware and drinks
look around at this point before your food comes, it’s a cool space
be wary of missed food. on the day i was there(and I have heard this from others), they seemed to have missed some of the first people who ordered(including me), I had to specifically request my food
eat and be out of the castle by 8:40(or more if you can), line up for mine train
if going for PP, you can go later

3 Likes

there seems to be this problem a lot, I have read a lot of other people with it and mine was delayed as well.

1 Like

That is the only good bet. CP and CRT are character meals so it’s tough to do in under an hour and you’re paying a lot of money so why rush. The Plaza is before the hub so you’re behind the pack.

1 Like

Also with reservation finder you should be able to get an 8am or close to it.

1 Like

We had lunch at 1.30 last week, we had preordered and we didn’t get our food until 2.05. We weren’t too concerned but someone came and gave us an anytime FP without us asking. We were actually supposed to leave straight after lunch but of course we stayed and used it!

2 Likes

@dez3b Wow!!! Thank you for the in depth response!! It was all very helpful and useful informative! I will do just that! Thanks again!!

@Flutegarden I thought so! Thank you!

@missoverexcited that is nice!! Nice to hear that do things like that as I didn’t realize anytime fast passes existed until someone else mentioned it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Question on this topic: If you had 8:05AM ADR at BOG, would you bother with SDMT FPP that day? Or ride at rope drop, and do 3 other rides for FPP? (we have a second MK day later in the trip that I will def try for FPP on SDMT).

With how easy it is to pickup FPPs at MK, I would get the FPP if it is a top priority - no guarantee it won’t be down at opening. Then if you get the ride at RD modify the FPP to something else.

ETA: if it is not top priority and no one’s day is ruined by missing it, then I would take the gamble.

2 Likes

If you are cool doing SDMT once, then just do it at BOG opening and then use your Fps on other stuff.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed report! We have a 8:20 AM reservation on an EMM day. But it sounds like we should still be able to get in line for 7DMT before the RD crowd.

1 Like