BOG breakfast then SDMT

Hello! Is it true that if you finish breakfast at Be Our Guest before the park opens that they will often allow you to ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train?
Thanks!

Yes. At a minimum you get a jump on the RD queue. We did this in December. DS1 and I were on and off SDMT in time to join the line at Space Mountain before it opened. We were off SM by 9:15. So we basically rope dropped two rides. Hoping to do the same this December if EMM isn’t offered.

4 Likes

I will add that I don’t reccomend counting on this. The day we tried it a couple of weeks ago BoG was having computer issues and by the time we sat down and received our food we would have had to really rush to get this to work and we decided to just enjoy breakfast and enjoy the atmosphere.

4 Likes

@AlyQ wow that is great!! I would assume you could get fantasy done pretty quickly as well (the rides we intend on doing there would be SDMT, Peter Pan and It’s a Small World) if we didn’t go straight to Space Mountain.

@krwatkins thanks for the heads up! I think I would only consider this option if we were lucky enough to get 8am. But yes you never know what can come up but I suppose that could be for any aspect of the trip!

Perhaps you could. My husband took my younger son to PP and then I think they did Small World again right after before we regrouped. We’d done EMM-Fantasyland the day before so anything we accomplished was a nice to have, not a must do.

This year I’m hoping to do the same split - one of us to 7DMT with DS1, one to PP with DS2. And then for the second ride the 7DMT group will head to BTMRR and the other group will do POC. We’ll see if this works out or fails completely.

And like the other poster said, this is how I’ve been able to use a PPO ADR at BOG but it’s never a guaranty that it’ll work that way for everyone. Not sure when you’re going but the extra early morning magic may be a factor too.

@AlyQ we are going the last week of February. There are two days we are doing BOG so I’m hoping to perhaps get a reservation for both days that way if extra magic happens on one we will do the other. If it only works out for a extra magic day then I’ll cancel.

2 Likes

We did this on an extra magic morning and it still worked well for us! Got in line about 8:45 and were riding by 9. We used FP for other things.

2 Likes

@Sandyh great info thank you! I’m going to try to get a reservation and give it a hook! It would be nice to get through fantasy land so early and then save our FPP for the three mountains perhaps! Our reservation time opens on Sunday so fingers crossed!

2 Likes

I did this in March. I was in line by 8:40(or maybe a bit before). I managed to do 7DMT twice before rope drop crowd.
I could have done 7DMT and then PP no problem, but I had a FP for PP. They took us to the mine train around 8:45 or so and I was in the 3rd train out I think. I got off and heard them opening the park so I got back in line.
The second time I rode with a woman who had gotten in line very close to 9.

2 Likes

Not a guarantee but definitely common. If you get held up by Especially slow service, let the staff know, and you may end up with anytime passes. It won’t help you get on 7D, but it will at least help you on another ride and make up for some of the lost time if you don’t get on 7D right away.

2 Likes

@dez3b great thank you for the information! What do you mean “they take you”… Does everyone line up to go who is done their breakfast early? I figure I will also order our food the night before on the app to help save time?!

1 Like

@cjandres thanks for the help! I didn’t know they did that! I figure I’ll order our food the night before on the app to help save time. Do you have any experience with this? Obviously you could still get held up though in other ways…

Yes definitely order in advance - I’m not sure they would do it for that, but we had a group of 5 and they brought like half the food and the other half was super delayed. I just quietly let our server know that we had been waiting for about 15 minutes for the rest of our food and I was now a bit concerned because we may not make it out in time to beat the rush. We did have 8:15 reservations, which I let them know, and we had checked in close to 8. Didn’t get all the food until 8:40. So it was a significant delay.

I’ve done it two other times quite easily with arriving at 8 and no problems getting food, eating and leaving by 8:40ish. So I think in general plan for about that, but if you don’t have food for quite some time, worth the ask.

2 Likes

If you land an 8 BOG reservation, how early will they let you into the park? We are staying at BL, so just a short walk for us… May try this again.

We did this our first trip and it was an epic fail. Missed the bus… Ended up late for res… By time we got out, 7dmt was 60 min plus… Redemption? Lol

1 Like

7:45 is when they let anyone with reservations in. We leisurely strolled down Main St and got our photos taken at the castle. We arrived at 8:06 to BOG and were still out by 8:40. We used the restroom and in line for Fairytale Hall by 8:50. This was an EMM day too but entry will be 7:45 regardless.

4 Likes

Regardless of your ADR time, they will let you in. BOG typically let’s you in when you get there as well, regardless of your official ADR time. So go ahead and get there like you have an 8AM even if you have and 8:30

4 Likes

@Flutegarden @cjandres thank you very much! Definitely going to try this! If we can’t get a reservation is there any where else in MK that you can make a breakfast reservation that will allow you to ride a ride early?

We have a BOG reservation for 8:15 next Tuesday, which has EMM. Our MK FPP reservations are for earlier in the trip, so we’ll see how much we can get done without them. Or I may decide we don’t care about the morning in the emptyish park and go to Epcot instead. But if we do keep it I’ll report back. The reports of BOG/SDMT experience on EMM mornings have been generally encouraging.

1 Like

@Steenaca good luck!! Have a great trip!

1 Like