Boat Transportation: do I have it right?

There’s a bus that will take you from WL to the settlement without stopping at the Outpost?

haha! well, that is one way to see WDW :joy:

We got a lot of bus cards that day!

1 Like

Yes. The FW bus stop to get to WL is at the Settlement. I was trying to find a map, and found this instead LOL I knew the TP resources were great! See bottom of #1 in the link.

1 Like

Hmmm… That is weird. How much demand can there be for a bus to WL from the settlement at any given time?

I guess the more important thing would be to know if there is a bus that goes from WL to the settlement since OP is trying to get there (not necessarily back to WL). To my knowledge there isn’t one.

@WildernessLodger already said there is!

But that is what I’m questioning. I’m not aware of a bus that goes direct to FW from WL.
Does anyone have personal experience with this? I didn’t see one in January.
I know it’s a TP article that @WildernessLodger directed me to, but it may not be accurate.

This too is from TP:
Getting to another hotel from Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort If you’ve got dining plans at another Disney hotel, the cheapest option is to take a Disney bus from Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort to Disney Springs (or an open theme park), then take another bus from there to your destination hotel. Do the reverse to get back to Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort. While that’s free, it can take anywhere from 90 minutes to 2 hours each way. If your destination is one of the Magic Kingdom monorail resorts, and the Magic Kingdom is still open, you could take a bus to the Magic Kingdom, then either walk (to the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower), hop on the monorail (to the Polynesian and Grand Floridian), or take a boat (to Fort Wilderness, the Wilderness Lodge, the Polynesian, and the Grand Floridian). We suggest you still allow at least an hour for that.

No mention of a bus to FW.

My only goal here is to not give misleading info to the OP.

I assumed this post was personal experience. YMMV.

Yes it is personal experience, 6:15 show just like OP, going from WL, August 2018. In fact, the cast members at WL directed us to the bus rather than the boat as the best way to get to HDDR since the bus to FW drops you right there. The cast members at the FW bus stop are super helpful too in directing you to the right bus to get back to WL or to wherever, there were 1-2 cast members stationed there.

4 Likes

My best advise…TAKE an UBER or LYFT!
Totally worth the minimal cost and there’s nothing like traveling directly to your destination.

Except in this case you don’t get all the way to your destination. Almost, but not quite!

But it will be quicker for sure.

Ok, that’s great info and honestly, something that would be hard to find out otherwise.

Does this bus always run? I took it in June 2017 from WL to FW in late afternoon. There was thunder in the area and the boat service had stopped running.

We’re staying at WL in 2 weeks and would like to visit FW. I’m curious about transportation options since the walking path is closed for Reflections constructions.

I think so, because I think the bus is the same one that goes from FW to MK and back (stopping at WL in between), but don’t quote me on that since I only did the WL-FW leg and back. Cast members were super helpful though and I got the impression that FW to WL travel is pretty common, so definitely ask. (We even asked about the path and planned to take it but everyone kept directing us to the bus… so I have to believe it will still be running especially now if the path is closed.) Have a great time!

1 Like

So I suppose I’ve decided I will take the bus from HS to WL, then either take a boat or bus depending on weather and what CM suggest. Whew! We have plenty of time to get to our reservation so if my kiddos are in the mood for boats or buses we’ll just see how it plays out. Thanks everyone! This is such detailed info, can’t imagine not being a Liner!

1 Like