Boardwalk Studio question

About a foot and a half give or take a couple of inches

1 Like

Bed cannot be moved

2 Likes

Okay. Great. Thanks for the help. Now you go enjoy yourself while we plan our trip in 1 1/2 years.

2 Likes

Lol. Let me know if you think of anything else (it could all be renovated by then and my intel obsolete).

1 Like

Also I feel it’s seriously lacking in outlets. We all have phones and portable chargers plus an iPad. And two pairs of Bluetooth airbuds that need an outlet. It’s a tight fit.

3 Likes

What do you think of the mattresses? We are so used to sleeping in a King, so the Queen bed for a week has me slightly nervous. But if the mattress is super comfy, maybe it won’t matter.

The King mattress at Boardwalk was comfortable, but not as comfortable as the King from Pop.

It’s okay. I don’t have a backache or anything but it’s not like my tempurpedic king and hubby made me fall off yesterday. He’s 6’5”.

Having a mutual love for WDW is NO excuse for him to abuse you like that! :wink:

3 Likes

Love it. It’s a rational thing to consider. More on the irrational, I try to base decisions on whether there are two night stands but am usually told by my partner that I’m insane to factor this in when choosing a resort.

1 Like

Well, no. Not irrational. In fact, it is why we asked about the space between the bed and the wall. My wife has “engineered” a collapsible, portable nightstand that we can bring with us. It seems most hotels, and definitely this Boardwalk Studio, only gives a nightstand on one side. (Why is that? Stupid, stupid, stupid design. Both of us have phones and glasses and such that we need to set somewhere, and for being a “deluxe” room, to not have a surface to place these things on once you get into bed is crazy.)

Anyhow, we will be bringing this portable nightstand with us on this trip. It collapses fairly flat so that we can pack it in our luggage easily enough.

Ha ha

Yeah the no nightstand is killing me. When my alarm goes off in the morning I have to reach over hubby and I have to ask him to plug the phone in at night. It’s very dumb design and there is room for a very small table there.

1 Like

Amazing! Thank you for that response. I feel somehow…vindicated. It IS insane that we are paying this much money and yet both sides of the bed don’t have night tables. Where ARE you supposed, to put your charging phone, eye glasses and glass of water?

And thanks to your wife, I am now formulating a plan to find a collapsible/makeshift night stand to pack with us. I got eleven months to figure it out.

1 Like

Hint: Start here:

1 Like

LOL…Thanks. That’s awesome.

Had I seen this sooner I could have answered this. We stay in a BWV Studio several times a year. The biggest thing that DW hates, which I totally get, is the fact there is not a nightstand on each side. For the person sleeping on the side closest to the bathroom there is no where to your glasses or charge a phone. Whenever we get to a hotel room that is the first thing she looks for.

DH always improvises a second night stand. Sometimes a chair (basic dining table type chair) that’s in the room, or someone other small table, worst case he’s wedged an empty suitcase between wall and bed - doesn’t work for water glass, but suffices for phone/charger/glasses.

3 Likes

Hubby was so mad there was a water bottle on the floor this AM….I was like where else am I supposed to put it becuz these designers didn’t think to give me a teeny tiny table. It would totally fit and make life so much better. Lol. I will also add we have a pool facing room and the pool is loud and they’re open late. Naps and early bedtimes for light sleepers and you do not want a pool room. We didn’t get the room I asked for but we are in the same hall just on the pool side.

1 Like

Our biggest pet peeve with this - DH and I need to swap sides of the bed when there is no nightstand on both sides because he needs to put his CPAP machine on it. It’s really annoying.

3 Likes

It’s not just WDW hotels that do this. We’ve stayed at several Marriott-owned ones that only put a nightstand between the two queen beds, with nothing on the outer sides of the beds. Usually we opt for the bed further from the noisy AC unit, but DH often insists we take the less-desirable bed just so the nightstand is on my side since I use my phone’s alarm clock to get us going in the morning. I agree, I’d like to see a full set of nightstands for hotel beds.

1 Like