Boarding Group question

Is it still true that after your BG is called for GotG, you can return any time to ride it the entire day? So if they call it at 9:30am, I can return at 4:30pm if I want?

3 Likes

I did almost exactly this, less than 2 weeks ago. Not a blink from the CMs.

4 Likes

Thanks so much!!

3 Likes

Yes it’s a lovely system where you can ride 12 hours after your group is called, but can’t get in 45 minutes early.

4 Likes

I’m sure there is data on this somewhere, but I’m wondering if there is a “better” time to show up in your return time window. We got Boarding Group 1 one our last trip with a ending return time of 9:30am. We didn’t make it over to GotG until 9:15am and basically never stopped walking in the queue until we hit the first element of the ride. It definitely felt like a walk-on experience, but I wondered if that would have been the case if we would have gone directly to the ride when the park opened…or if there would have been a longer wait.

2 Likes

It’s a good question. There isn’t any data that I know of, but my hunch is that the earlier you go, on average, the shorter your wait will be b/c fewer people are eligible at that time.

1 Like

I agree on the earlier the better. We’ve done 3 via virtual queues on Guardians - 2 we were able to ride early to mid afternoon and had minimal waits. The first time we rode was more like 6 as we rode after our flight arrived. That one was a relatively long wait - like 45’ish minutes to the pre-show and then we just missed the show and didn’t know where to stand (go far right).

I’m sure it also varies based on if the ride ever needs to shut down etc., but earlier the better also makes sense as there are fewer people who could be ahead of you vs. later more people could be delaying until later giving longer lines…

1 Like

We ended up riding first thing because DS7 was so excited about it. I have to say, GotG is the best ride I’ve ever been on. It was a blast! I’m kicking myself that I didn’t ride twice.

4 Likes