BLT or WL with 2.5yo and 4.5yo

This is sort of last minute but we’re looking to go to WDW in early March. We have a 2.5yo son (who still naps) and a 4.5yo daughter who does not. I’m guessing we’ll break each afternoon and recharge at the hotel but I’m not sure. Either way, we’d like easy access to the MK but want to make sure the hotel has a decent pool/play area for the kids. Was looking primarily at BLT and WL 1bedrooms. Any one have a strong preference for one over the other? Looking at pics, I thought the waterplay thing at WL main pool might be better, as BLT pool seems to only have a small slide for kids… I’m guessing both would be great but would love to hear thoughts.

Thanks.

Stayed at both (well contemporary and WL) I love WL and Contempo; but omg the convenience to MK from BLT should not be overlooked - 10 minute walk

WL is definitely more beautiful and calm IMO but the convenience of walking to MK wins. Location is everything.

if you think you’d be doing mostly park time (esp MK) then BLT for the walking convenience, however, if you think you’ll be at the hotel for chunks of time (which is quite probable with children those ages) WL is the hands down winner for character, things to do at and around the hotel and, of course, the pool

in the eyes of the children, BLT wont really say “Disney” but WL will

1 Like

We stayed at BLT with our son, daughter-in-law and 18 month grand daughter. My husband and I have also stayed at CC at WL. WL resort is beautiful and we really like it, but we also really enjoy the convenience of walking to the MK from BLT. We thought the pool at BLT had a great splash pad for little ones and the pool was fine with zero entry. You also have access to the pool at the Contemporary. At the ages your children are they won’t notice the difference in the pools and the ability to walk to the MK from there makes it our preference.

I recently stayed at BLT with my 13 month old (who naps) and my 3.5 y.o (who does not nap). The proximity of BLT to MK was one of the best parts of our trip. It’s a 10-15 min walk depending on how fast you walk. My wife and I did it in about 10 minutes. Either my wife or I took our 13 month old back to the resort to nap early afternoon while the other was with our 3.5 y/o. One potential annoyance with WL is that you may need to fold up the strollers each time you take the boat. We needed to fold them up when we took a boat from MK to GF for dinner. We didn’t use the pools so I can’t comment on that.