Blizzard Beach reopening Nov 13th

Title says it all, enjoy

4 Likes

I’m curious if this will change any liner’s already carefully crafted plans.

Nice! And we think TL will stay open?

1 Like

Answered my own question. TL is closing. I guess it will be close for awhile and I can assume BB will be the one for my June trip.

1 Like

I think they’ve also added some small Frozen theming to the kiddie area!

I have to say we’ve thought about adding a water park day over the past few months and this might just nudge us in that direction!

3 Likes

Yes looks like the kid area is Frozen themed. They are strict with the height max right? My one will most likely be just over but my younger won’t be so that stinks. I guess they can do the ski area. Can adults hang on the ski patrol?

I haven’t been following much but wasn’t BB open last year? Then closed and now opening? Are they switching back and forth between the two…?

I am just as new to this as you! I honestly had no idea there was a height max!? My oldest is pretty much exactly 48 inches so hopefully he could slouch but he’s also a slide maniac so maybe wouldn’t even want to do a kiddie pool.

Seems that way. Says TL closed for a refurb. Makes it hard to plan doesn’t it?

1 Like

This is, I believe, how it has always been in the “winter.” They alternate so only one is open at a time but normally both are open in the summer.

3 Likes

Great, I have it penciled in for April.

Apparently Typhoon Lagoon will be closing at the same time in case that would make a difference to you.

I loved BB when we went a few years ago. This time only TL was open and we had a great time there too, but I really like the theming of BB.

1 Like

Ok enablers… how many hours does one need at a water park?? Looks like I could visit BB 6 times for $20pp!

3 Likes

We had 3 day park hoppers in August and it was also only about $20 to upgrade to Park Hopper plus! I decided it was a bargain even if we only went once. DD19 and I did go twice 9 (to TL) and DD22 went only once. It was a lot of fun! We were hoping to go to both parks but that was not to be. I would do it! Even if you do only go one time!

2 Likes

Unless you want to ride everything I think a couple of hours is plenty.

1 Like

Agreed with a rare bargain! DH was full on no-go for $280 but then I had the ah-ha moment that we already have park hoppers. Maybe we will mini-golf one day.

2 Likes

I don’t think DS6.5 will go on any of the Summit Plummet type rides so that works! I have a full pool day before 6:15 HDDR that we can probably “squeeze” this into!

2 Likes

Sounds perfect!

1 Like

Call to confirm, people have attempted to modify tickets that already included Genie+ and lost the Genie+

1 Like