Birthdays in the Bubble

Oh I’m so glad you posted about this! It’s looking like our next trip will start just a few days after our boys’ birthdays (born 3 years, 1 day apart). This will make them feel so special!

4 Likes

I got mine at the hotel front desk after unsuccessfully trying to get one at guest services and a gift shop at MK.

I wore it the whole trip and my family made a game each day of keeping track of how many CMs wished me happy birthday. Best birthday ever! Your DD is going to love it! (Or DH–realizing now I’m replying to someone other than the OP, haha!)

3 Likes

I haven’t been able to find this on my hotel reservation either. But you can add it at check in, is that what you’re saying @DumboRunner? I can’t see where to revise it in ADRs either.

1 Like

Fun idea! And easy to throw in the suitcase!

2 Likes

Will they deliver it to your resort? Or do you have to pick it up in person? Also, are the cakes good? We’ve never eaten at Amorette’s.

1 Like

Oh that would be fun to have for her actual birthDAY :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love yours!

1 Like

That’s amazing!!! CMs are magical. :dizzy:

2 Likes

How fun! I’m so torn. 3/4 of my kids have birthdays from May-July so I’m tempted to say we’re celebrating all of them. lol. Or celebrating summer break in general maybe. But since we’re there on DD4’s legit birthday I really only want to celebrate her birthday even though DD6 and DS’s are super close.

2 Likes

I just did a pretend ADR (by the way, I could not find any dinner ones 60 days out in May – I feel for those of you going then!)

I think you used to be able to put this in the “Special Requests” page, but now the only options are (elaborate) food allergies and (simple) accessibility. So I guess that is not an option

But yes, when you check-in via MDE that day of the ADR, you have the option to list celebrating Special occasions.

I think you could also call Disney Dining to add it to your reservation, although maybe that is old too – I haven’t had occasion to try it in a long time

So best bet at this point seems to be when you check in on MDE.

2 Likes

That’s tricky. ‘Why can’t we go to WDW to celebrate my birthday? We went for DD’s birthday last year?’ :grin:

2 Likes

I got the shirts from Etsy! They weren’t even that expensive. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love Etsy. :heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse: I’d much rather pay for someone else’s creativity than to try and be creative on my own! :laughing:

2 Likes

Exactly. We made the mistake of taking DS to Universal one year not realizing it’d set unrealistic expectations for future birthdays. :persevere:

1 Like

I do believe they deliver to the resorts but I’d call. I know you can order and pu in DS though. I’ve been meaning to try one… I’ll have to report back later :wink: on taste test.

2 Likes

The Mickey cake in this post is from Amorette’s

Paging @FOMOm_VA for her review!

So that’s the Mickey Mousse and is individually sized. I had high expectations, and they were partially met. Good, but more fun to look at? They had some really cool specialty cakes. I took a horrible picture. Really gonna have to get some camera skills before my next trip.

1 Like

Are the speciality cakes more sharing sized? They are cute! But maybe more trouble than their worth if they can’t be delivered.

Oh, I asked DH if I could upgrade my phone before our May trip today. I think he’s gonna go for it. Yes!!! I mean, my photography skills will not automatically improve I realize, but I’m gonna pretend they might. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

the answer is ALWAYS a new phone. settings, schmettings.

yes, definitely sharing size. i even shared the little mousse with my son. i’d go w/ 6-8 for the specialty ones, more if you like normal portion sizes lol

2 Likes

Lol! Yes! :iphone:

And thank you. Super helpful.

1 Like