Birthdays in the Bubble

My youngest is turning 5 on our upcoming trip in May. I’m hoping to whip up our household’s traditional birthday breakfast (ahem, birthday cake pancakes) in our villa. We have CRT booked for dinner and GFC booked for lunch. We’ll spend the morning in AK and the evening in MK. Our TP that day is fully planned to her liking - "slow rides only please!’ - and I’ll have her wear a birthday button around the parks hoping for some fun pixie dust for her along the way. Anything else you guys have done for birthdays that have been particularly memorable for your child?

6 Likes

I am basically a child and I think that sounds fantastic.

6 Likes

It sounds like so much fun! I love that you’re trying to integrate a “from home” birthday tradition with the breakfast!

DH will have his birthday while we’re there. The birthday buttons are available from guest services at the parks? Are they also available at Disney hotels? Trying to figure out easiest time/place to pick up.

Do people typically wear them their whole trip or just on the birthday itself?

3 Likes

Mark in your reservation that it’s their birthday. I think that shows up in places - my son got birthday wishes when scanning fastpasses sometimes, and a cupcake and card at Crystal Palace even when he wasn’t wearing his button.

3 Likes

You can only wear a birthday badge if you’ve had a birthday in the last six months or have one due in the next six months.

11 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

This. When we were at TS for birthday meals the birthday boy/girl (ok, no pretending, Me, not a girl for many years!) got a birthday card from Disney friends. And a treat

3 Likes

Where is the place to mark a birthday?

3 Likes

Birthday buttons are (were?) available in the MK at Fashion Apparel. They are custom inscribed with a Sharpie marker by a CM on the spot. An even cooler gift would be an engraved name tag that is similar in appearance to a CM’s name tag.

If you want to step it up a notch, you can order a birthday cake that will be waiting for them in the room.

Another idea is to get their bangs trimmed at the Harmony Barbershop

2 Likes

there is a place to note special celebration in the reservation but ALSO at checkin

1 Like

Edit: Nevermind. I found it. :blush:

Hmmm… I can’t seem to find where to indicate that under my reservation?

1 Like

sorry! i don’t have any current adrs but i have when i had them to note Special Celbrations? thing?!

1 Like

Matching shirts or themed outfits, she picks the theme based on the birthday she would have had at home! And maybe buy and pack birthday table cloth, plates, etc. to make your breakfast a mini party?

4 Likes

We always have cake and ice cream for breakfast on birthdays. We wake the birthday boy/girl with a candle lit cake singing “happy birthday”… it’s our tradition. We stopped waking up teenagers but the breakfast menu remains :wink: You can order a special cake from Amorette’s Patisserie | Disney Springs | Walt Disney World Resort (go.com)

2 Likes

Did you mark the whole trip, or just ADRs on the day of? We are going next year for my son’s 10th birthday, but it will also be a redo of the trip we were supposed to take for my 40th next month. I was thinking the first half of the trip (we’re planning 2+ weeks) could be mine, the second his!!

3 Likes

I made my mom and @Keith718 wear matching shirts on my birthday. And definitely have her wear the birthday button the whole trip—lots of pixie dust to be had! It’s pretty much the best place to spend a birthday :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Somewhere in the reservation information there’s a box that asks if you’re celebrating anything. We put “celebrating son’s fourth birthday”. If I were you I’d put both birthdays and just get greetings for both of you the whole time!

3 Likes

Almost, you had me for the first half of that sentence! :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

As much as I’d love the pixie dust (and think he deserves it!), I don’t think DH will go for It for the whole trip. We traditionally celebrate “eves” in our family the day before, so I think I’ll try to get him to wear it the 2 days?

Although we probably all deserve shirts that say
#makeuptrip - because Covid birthdays sucked”

2 Likes

When DD27 was DD6, we went to WDW about two weeks after her bday.
Not sure how the CM at Honey I Shrunk the Audience found out but he suddenly announced there was a phone call for her.
Went over to the land line beside the entrance.
It was Goofy wishing her a Happy Birthday.
Awesome.

4 Likes