Birthday Trip - Adults Only give me ALLLLL the advice

Epcot is fairly easy to RD, though.

We love going on our couples trips. The most recent we did was just before the closure and that was the first one with another couple. Different vibe and so much fun! We always have a park hopper. For DVC hotel our favorite is BWV because of its proximity to EP and HS. Definitely not SS. It’s just the resort of last resorts for us. We usually end up there though because we don’t plan far enough in advance and are just desperate to go. :blush: For touring we usually do most of the rides because that’s how I roll, and hit up all the lounges. It was during a couple trip that we discovered there is a wine bar in Italy. Don’t know how we passed it by for so many years! My new favorite (well not favorite, but at the top of the list) is Abacadabar. They have a great GFDF calamari that has become an obsession of mine. My main advice is just to take it slow and go where the mood strikes you.

1 Like

Hahaha, yes it is! Is there much of an advantage there though? The only reason we’ve rope dropped Epcot is for frozen ha!

Where to stay?

Well what are you looking for in the resort?
Near to parks, near to dining at Disney Springs? Somewhere to kick back, go for walks, enjoy the ambience? How much time are you wanting to spend sitting in a Lounge or your Villa in the evenings? Do you want lovely views at sunrise or sunset?

What size room of you have a guest?
Guessing not a studio! Is the guest sleeping in the living room? Or are you going for a 2-bed?

And related, how long for? And how many points roughly are you wanting to use?

If your guest is going to be in the living room, you may want to consider Riviera or Saratoga - because they have the new pull down queen size Murphy bed in the living room. Riviera will be pricier, points wise. But you have Topolino’s for dinner and perhaps outdoor drinks on the terrace even. Saratoga means you could walk to DS for dinner each night.

Unless you’re wanting two studios, Poly is out. So if walking to parks is important, GFV, Bay Lake, BCV or BWV.

If you want ambience aplenty, then CCV / BRV or Kidani. Word is the Mara will be opening soon for a limited menu in the evening. Plenty of places to sit and watch animals at Jambo (less so Kidani tho’ there is the outlook outside Sanaa) but no lounge and only Sanaa for TS dinner. Currently, without all the resort activities I’d leave AKL for another time. So that would be WL for ambience.

OKW has large rooms and has large balconies designed for eating out on. There and SSR have the most options for strolls in the grounds although BCV and BWV have the Boardwalk and Crescent Lake, plus easy hopping to Epcot for dinner. Riviera has the whole of CBR for strolls.

1 Like

Crowds gradually build at Epcot throughout the day, particularly when there are festivals…so going early allows you to get more done while crowds are lighter. And with park hopping in place, more people tend to save EP for their later park to hop to for the food.

1 Like

How exciting! DH and I went on an adults-only trip in February 2020. We did all the things - After Hours, RD + Park Close, as much Signature Dining as we could, taking our time through WS, etc. You can read our trip report here:

We stayed at BWV and loved the location for walking to EP and HS. It really is a completely different feel being there without the kids.

I believe that BWV, BC, and YC are the best places to stay with Covid restrictions. So easy to get to two parks and access to more locations with skyliner too.

Drink around the world if you are so inclined. I like an occasional drink but my tolerance is such that if I were to survive this it would be a cocktail or two per pavilion split amongst the 4-6 adult

1 Like

Yes, do you want to take on this trip? Can you do that if we use DVC?

Can’t do DVC. Sorry!

To be clear, though - my contribution to the trip is Sacred Spaces.

1 Like

I did not realize this, HA. We tried a AK sacred space last time due to your recommendation and will never not go, it was perfection.

1 Like