Big problem with David's Vacation & Owner

That’s great! I’m still waiting for an email with my credit from DVC rental store. Anyone get one yet from them?

1 Like

I’m still waiting to hear back from my TA…still waiting on verdict given our situation I talked about earlier too. If I haven’t heard anything by midweek, I’ll probably reach out and see if she’s heard anything.

That’s a good idea. I still haven’t heard anything yet and I never got the 600 refund, wondering if I’m just going to get the credit instead.

1 Like

Reached out to my TA at DVCRS again, and finally received the credit email.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. I haven’t heard anything yet. My check in date was suppose to be May 9. I actually emailed my travel advisor yesterday and she responded in bold, capital letters that travel advisors have nothing to do with the issuing of credits and that I have to wait for the email from the credit department. I found it a little rude. I don’t think I’m being unreasonable in inquiring especially since I asked to reschedule a few weeks ago and was told it wasn’t possible since the points were expiring at the end of May…Well owners have had their points returned now from what I’ve read. I hope those owners would return the money to DVC rental store or at least offer to reschedule now that they have their points back. But I can’t get any answers.

Well, I received my credit this afternoon. Still think communication could have been improved. But I am happy with the outcome.

4 Likes

Are DVC owners allowed to cancel reservations that start in June?

That depends what you mean exactly. An owner can cancel at any time, but I suspect there is more to your question.

A cancellation will return the points to an owner. The crucial part is whether the owner can still use those points or whether they are expired. They could have already expired or expire at the end of June, July etc.

If you mean will they get their points back and get an extension on any points which would otherwise expire by the end of May, then that only applies to a reservation during the closure period of the resorts. At the moment that is until the 23rd May.

I bolded the part about the resorts, because it is expected that at least the DVC resorts will open before the parks, to minimise the impact on the points system. Although that is still speculation.

And once the resorts are open, any DVC bookings will then be considered as “viable” so they almost certainly will not extend the “shelf life” of those points.

2 Likes

And that is my big fear. I rented from David’s but don’t have cancel for any reason insurance (because I rented last December when I couldn’t imagine a reason that I would cancel that wasn’t covered by my regular travel insurance). I’m dreading the possibility that the resorts are open but nothing else is because then I won’t qualify for the credit.

Yes, that is exactly what I’m getting at. Even if the resorts are open for my dates, coming from NY I wouldn’t be able to go even if I wanted to. Sounds like I’m screwed unless the resorts are still closed through the end of June, right?

For what it’s worth, I would bet that they won’t open the DVC resorts until maybe a day or two before the parks. They could open the resorts exclusive of the DVC sections though. Just my guess because I don’t think they want to piss off owners. But anything is possible.

I had a couple of owners on Mouse Owners tell me that Disney put their borrowed points back into the year they were borrowed from when they dropped their June reservation. It was last month before the extension to April and June points?

1 Like

Yes, that is supposed to be happening for borrowed points from cancelled reservations whilst the new policy is in force. We’ll see, I reported that based on a chat I had about my December stay.

But the same isn’t true of banked points that will expire.

1 Like

You’ve got that the wrong way round.

They will likely open DVC resorts first, or at least at the same time as the first other resorts to open.

1. To minimise the points problem they will be facing for at least a couple of years
  2. Because there is nothing that says parks are part of the benefits, and actually legally they should open as soon as timeshares can open
  3. There are enough DVC owners only too happy to use their points for a get away as soon as their own state and Florida allow them to.

The issues are around amenities and restaurants etc, where those are shared. It will allow Disney to refine the measures before opening the regular resorts.

2 Likes

Fair points. I guess we’ll see what they do. Hopefully everything opens up close to the same time to avoid all the issues.

1 Like

Did you get a meal plan with them? I bought a meal plan using Disney Gift cards. How will that refund work?

They’ll refund back to the cards.

1 Like

To add to your response, I made a partial payment for my Disney cruise using gift cards and they offered to refund directly to the cards, but I didn’t have them so they sent me an electronic gift card via email. They also offered to send me a new physical card but that would take longer.

2 Likes

Oh great thanks. I had a bunch of gift cards but only kept one with a partial amount maybe they can put it on there. Its like $2800 so that’s a big gift card lol.

Gift cards can only hold $1000.

2 Likes