Big firsts & friends: an Easter trip report

So my EPCOT plan for Friday had me a little worried, but I thought, eh, we’ll just do our best. However, I just texted the babysitter to see if she could switch from afternoon to morning. That way I could use the 1147 drop to get an afternoon FEA and we could have G+ for both FEA and TT. Truthfully I’d rather RD them both and skip G+, but I bet DH would rather spend the $. If she says yes, I will have her come take the kids to breakfast and the pool, then we will go to our Space 220 lunch, ride GOTGx2, TT (LL), Club Cool, FEA (LL), then meander back to the room hitting Anna/Elsa, Japan, Morocco and maybe BaTB singalong along the way.

Original plan was RD FEA, then do GOTGx2, TT, Club Cool, Space 220, then Japan/Morocco.

What say ye?

1. The kids won’t sleep anyway, get Dr. Grumps up and RD FEA then TT (or vice versa?) and save yourself $120.
  2. Keep sitter in the afternoon, RD FEA, LL TT. $120 more than #1, but you just can’t RD both at spring break. Downside here is that we’ll have to rush past/skip pavilions in afternoon to get to sitter on time.
  3. Have sitter come in the am and get kids out of the room so Grumplestilskin can sleep in and not cry at RD crowds. LL TT, use drop to get afternoon FEA LL. Downside here is that my G+ alarm is gonna wake us all up at 645 anyway :roll_eyes:
4 Likes

If everyone is going to be up early already, I would vote #1.

4 Likes

Are TPs still not really working for RD? Like is the wait at 9am for TT really going to be an hour? Or is that just because it has me not arriving at FEA til 850?

2 Likes

I think RD TPs are still trash. Hard to really determine.

I think I’d choose option 3 if DH can easily ignore the G+ alarm and go back to sleep.

4 Likes

Yes same here! My upcoming trip has flights and hotel paid for with points from credit cards we use for everything and pay off every month.

I can’t wait to read your trip report!

3 Likes

So afternoon is out as an option because sitter isn’t available until 10. I think I’m just going back to the original plan and adding on a couple more LLs at MK before the fireworks party to justify the spend.

5 Likes

We in the airrrrrrrport!!! Kiddos were rarin’ to go at 6a per usual. DH is trying to get into the spirit but is le tired. DD is rocking humidity hair and Florida oranges!!

23 Likes

Safe travels!

3 Likes

And she looks adorable!

3 Likes

I am loving her shoes! Safe travels!

4 Likes

Target!!!

4 Likes

I’ll also be posting to stories @debwithmat on IG and fb. Just the good there, I’ll save the bad and the ugly for here :joy:

8 Likes

Wohoo! Have a safe trip!

Love that smile :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Still sitting here :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

We hit the air about an hour late.

3 Likes

Ugh, same for me today

3 Likes

Landing soon. At least we will make our minifig reservation!

6 Likes

Hooray! How is the Spirit experience for you?

1 Like

Other than the delay it was perfectly unremarkable. Would do again for sure.

3 Likes

On the way to DS! The luggage drop off AWG offers is clutch. Worth the extra $20 if you’re short on time. We used it last Easter too

9 Likes