Big date night

My opinion of Citrico’s is unpopular. The food was fine. (My steak was over cooked.) It was bright, open, and airy but I wouldn’t call it bustling. I also wouldn’t call it intimate though.

My DH and I also noted that it was very “southern country club” in terms of the way people dressed and the vibe. (There were also zero people of color who were patrons that evening.). So it’s not for us. I’m glad we did it once but that’s not our jam.

The food at Artist Point and Cali Grill, in my opinion, is far superior.

1 Like

Citricos is a lovely setting. It is open but it’s not loud. The tables aren’t close to each other.

1 Like

Ohhh this made me chuckle. It won’t work. But it’s funny.

1 Like

I’ll throw Bull and Bear at the Waldorf into the mix. Been there a handful of times. Impeccable service, cozy and intimate atmosphere. It’s our favorite date night spot “on property”.

Very 20th anniversary appropriate imo.

4 Likes

I had a fantastic meal there in December. It’s a beautiful, spacious venue.

But it was really loud and the service was very, very slow.

1 Like

Well what am I supposed to think? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I tolerate noise better than @sanstitre_has_left_the_building?

1 Like

I don’t know about him, but I tolerate it poorly… :thinking:

2 Likes

Let’s see if my dinner companions will chime in. I seriously thought our dinner there was perfect. Great service. Well paced for a signature restaurant (I hate when signature is rushed).

Thoughts
@Wahoohokie
@JustKeepSmiling
@Shanneepantslovesdisney
Did any of you think it was loud?

4 Likes

Nope! I loved it there. Our service was amazing I thought!

2 Likes

I thought it was wonderful both times. Definitely not too loud and the service was fantastic if I remember right.

2 Likes

You do remember correctly (although you were drinking😜).

2 Likes

I can hold my liquor and remember everything!!

As long as it’s only 1 or 2 drinks. :rofl:

2 Likes

Capa at the Four Seasons! The views are STUNNING. And the food is generally really good.

This was our dessert Tuesday:

It’s got a Michelin star.

Recommend their plain white bread, not whatever fancy bread the waiter will recommend.

One thing to take into account if steak is in your radar? Disney’s signature restaurants used to use whatever supplier for their beef they wanted. (Which meant Steakhouse 71 or the Wave had the same meat as California Grill…just not the views!) Earlier this year they switched to a single supplier property wide. Which I think has changed some of the quality.

Anyway, my .02

Capa is always my recommendation. Or even Ravello (basement of the four seasons), and the property is gorgeous and just different. Plus people tend to be a little nicer dressed and I LOVE a good opportunity to dress up! (Oh wait, I just do that every day anyway. Lol)

My friends ALL rave about Bull & Bear, but we have yet to make it there. I’m determined to make it happen end of July. :joy:

And then there’s Shula’s at the Dolphin. Their steak is sublime (melt in your mouth!) and they have this burrata salad that is TO DIE FOR.

I’m not sure where I’ve eaten more: Shula’s or Capa, but they are probably neck and neck for being our most visited restaurants on property at this point.

Happy Anniversary!

4 Likes

Thanks! I actually sent the Capa menu to DH last night when I was compulsively searching at midnight, instead of sleeping. Atmosphere-wise, how is it? Bright/dim? Intimate/open? Would you have to try and hear the conversation at the next table over, or have to put in effort to not hear it?

1 Like

Let me know your thoughts on Bull and Bear. Food wise. The ambiance might be off since they are in the process of revisioning the space.

I love Shula’s as well, but DH has been violently sick after both times we’ve eaten here. I was fine both times so I’m not sure if it’s now just a mental thing with him or if he’s got a food allergy we’re not aware of. But he’s normally never sick. Iron stomach, that one.

I will say I throughly enjoyed the table next to us for our last attempt. This exceptionally well dressed woman had the cutest little dining companions. :sauropod::sauropod::sauropod:

2 Likes

Capa is a very nice dining experience. The servers all wear black, and I would honestly classify it as a “sexy” restaurant. Probably because the hostesses wear black dresses with red trim and the bathrooms are dark and mysterious.

It’s my favorite spot on property. Heck, we don’t even go for the view (which is amazing), we go for the food and just being there.

I always forget to take photos too. :joy::joy: it’s just always an incredibly enjoyable meal!

3 Likes

And I’ll add, having worked at a Four Seasons, that their service expectations probably surpass even Disney’s. My suspicion is you will have far fewer young kids there, too, than even the nicest restaurants in the parks/at Disney owned resorts.

3 Likes

Here are some pictures you can browse through. We did have a loud table next to us, but I think that was the patrons and not so much the proximity.

We splurged and did the caviar and it was amazing and one of our favorite dining experiences. We were there the night they got the latest Michelin Star so there was a little excitement over the kitchen toasting themselves and pictures/celebrating and my entree (risotto) ended up being served after DH’s entree (Wagyu) was already eaten and cleared. But again, I’m sure that was only because of the exciting night and we were one of the last tables there. Otherwise, great experience.

Capa at Four Seasons Orlando Restaurant - Golden Oak, FL | OpenTable

1 Like

Making ADR’s in a few days for a solo trip. I have been going back and forth between Citricos and Narcoosee’s. The words “southern country club” tells me everything I need to know. :grimacing: