Bidding our cares goodbye: First timer trip report

As a side note, other than the storm at Epcot, we had beeeautiful weather this week! 80-85 each day and apparently this was sandwiched in between a week of 90s and next week’s forecasted 90+ days. We lucked out for sure.

1 Like

Next, we headed back to tomorrowland because my kids are obsessed with the speedway for some reason. Standby waits were all very short this morning. I think we ended up with CLs of 4-6 each day except our HS day, which was forecasted as a 3 and ended up an 8!

2 Likes

After the speedway, we took another turn on the peoplemover (my fave!) And then headed over to Monsters Inc, which was a first for all of us. It was funny and clever!

1 Like

Somewhere in there, we also got some castle pics and picked up a LL for WtP. We headed back to fantasyland and decided that ice cream for lunch sounded like a fantastic decision, so the kids split a heigh ho sundae and DH and I each got floats. We took them over to Pinocchios Village Haus and found a shady spot. No pics because the melting happened very quickly!

2 Likes

We went to WtP to use said LLs and…down. Right as we walked up. It was almost 1 at this point, crowded, and hot. We now had 2 unusable LLs and WtP had not converted since it was still the beginning of our return window. Ultimately we decided to just leave and head to the pool. Other than JC, PPF, and WtP, we had hit all rides we wanted to do. I wasnt thrilled with the 60 bucks we spent on BTM, but oh well, I guess.

We did get to see the Dapper Dans, Pooh, Tigger, and Rabbit on the way out, though.

8 Likes

After we said goodbye to MK for the last time (for a while, anyway!), we went back and had some pool time. At 4, we took the friendship boat over to HS and hopped a bus to AK Kidani for our Sanaa ADR. I love Sanaa so much. I had been waiting all week for this and it did not disappoint. That said, the bad luck of Friday the 13th must have followed us because we managed to spill water, break a glass, and dump a container of vegetables all over in the span of 30 minutes. I swear we are not animals! Our waitress was a saint and was also mom to a toddler, so I felt slightly better but geez.

Bread service was such a hit that DH was immediately looking up copycat recipes on his phone.

In addition to bread service, DH had butter chicken, I had the pork shank, and Sis and BIL had pork vindaloo and beef curry. DD12 had samosas but gave them to DH after one bite because they were too spicy. She ate some of my pork shank instead and liked it. I also ordered a painted lemur and magical beacon cocktails. The littles had cheese pizza.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Sanaa was essentially the end of vacation for me. Boooo. DH took the older two kids for a brief night swim while I put DD2 to bed and packed up. Our Mears shuttle was scheduled for 745am. We did sit on the balcony for a bit before bed and watched Harmonious from afar one more time. In the morning we grabbed one last sunrise pic and headed out.

The journey home was luckily uneventful, with no delays or airport issues. I took today off work to decompress and am just enjoying a few last hours before the rat race begins again. I’m told that as his plane landed last night, my nephew shouted “Turn this plane right back around to Florida!” I concur! Disney withdrawal is a thing for sure. I think we will combat it by making homemade totchos :laughing:.

I missed some details and pictures from DHs phone, so I will do a recap with those and some final thoughts soon.

11 Likes

Lovely pic!