Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

I would love some advice on BBB. Am I able to book at 180 days? Is my DD7 too old? Can she wear her own dress? Any info appreciated!

You can and should book at 180, 7 isn’t too old it’s really about how much she would be into it. I think the actual age limit is more like 12 or 13. She can wear her dress you are not required to purchase one during the session. And I’m a boy with no kids so I’m afraid that’s all the info I can offer lol.

3 Likes

DD does still loves princesses, so I think she would enjoy it. I want to surprise her with it. Thinking DH, DS13, DS10 can ride the attractions she doesnt like to go on. My ADR is in 5 days, so sounds like I should decide soon! Anyone know how long an appointment is for?

Hey @KeliJ come help with some BBB Questions lol.

1 Like

Yes, book at 180 if you want the MK location. You can get the DTD location on short notice quite often, though. It will not show up on your MDE account, so write down the confirmation number. Bring your own dress to avoid disappointment if they don’t have what you want. But keep in mind, if your DD is like my kids, picking out a dress at the store is part of the fun of the experience. The oldest they can be is 12, and 7 is definitely not too old–it is probably the age that most of the girls are. Appointments often run long just because they start late. If they start on time, as mine did in May (for the first time ever), you’ll be in and out in less than an hour (assuming you have not picked the package with the photo shoot–that happens after the makeover and takes 1/2 hour on its own). PM me of you have more questions, @Disney2Day, my DDs 6 and 4 have done BBB lots of times.

3 Likes

Thanks @KeliJ lol

See, I actually can add some worthwhile, stonecold sober information.

4 Likes

Thanks @KeliJ!! This helps! We have gone twice to WDW and never done BBB. The experience looks fun and I want to get it in before DD7 is too old!:slight_smile:

1 Like

Does BBB offer a variety of options and prices, or just one standard make over package?

Different packages and prices:

The Coach Package (starting at $54.95 plus tax)
•Hairstyling
•Shimmering make-up, face gem
•Princess sash and tote

The Crown Package (starting at $59.95 plus tax)
•Hairstyling
•Princess sash and tote
•Nail polish

The Courtyard Package (starting at $94.95 plus tax)
•Hairstyling
•Princess sash and tote
•Nail polish
•Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique T-shirt
•Trendy tutu

The Castle Package (starting at $194.95 plus tax)
•Hairstyling
•Princess sash and tote
•Nail polish
•Complete costume of your choice plus accessories
•One 6" x 8" and four 4" x 6" photos in a princess-themed holder

You can also add a photo package for $32.95

1 Like

Some other things to know:
They often run late, so don’t schedule something too soon afterwards.
Sometimes the hairdo can be kind of tight and painful, might want to keep that in mind when choosing if your DD is sensitive to that.
If you want to leave a tip, that goes in an envelope and gets dropped in the wishing well at the end of the appointment.

After studying BBB for a year, my DD finally did it in May and loved it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there somewhere to change if I surprise her with a new costume I bought ahead of time? I am worried that they won’t have one she already owns :slight_smile:

Yes, they have a dressing room.

is it 180 to the date or 180 + 10 like ADR’s?

It is now 180 plus 10 like ADRs, but that’s a pretty recent change.

1 Like

Thanks to those who offered advice here. A friend of mine is taking her daughter to this in December and I had no useful advice to offer. Now I do!

3 Likes

thx @KeliJ, good to know. have you ever done BBB during MNSSHP? next year I know my DD will want to be a princess for the party and I was thinking of trying to get her in at like 4 or 5pm the night of the party but maybe that’s a really popular time and will be hard to get. Not sure what to expect.

We did it during MNSSHP last year. We actually did lunch at Raglan Road then BBB at DTD afterward because I was a slacker and did not call early enough to get a good time at MK. There were some spots at MK, but at times like 6 p.m. So I’d definitely call early to get your preferred time during party nights.

Well, I will share that we had a not-so-great experience at BBB in May.
DD(then6) LOVED the setting, costumes, and being treated like a princess, getting her nails done, wearing make-up for the first time, etc.
But the problem was, we had a trainee as a fairy-godmother-in-training = stylist. It was her very first time, she was really nervous and her hands were seriously shaking, and that sort of messed everything up. She ended up pulling DD’s hair a LOT, and actually had to re-do a simple ponytail 4 times out of nervousness until the supervisor finally came over and redid it. That part was too bad, and kind of stressed out DD. The whole appointment took a lot longer than it should have because of others having to re-do everything. But I kept a cheerful attitude and made DD feel special later, that she got to be the very first girl Sterling worked on. And like I said, DD had a great time, which matters most.

My DD did the BBB for the first time in June. It was her 6th birthday and I surprised her with it! She LOVED it! It was so magical that it brought tears to my eyes. So worth every penny!

2 Likes