Between park transportation

We will be using Disney transportation and possibly supplementing with Uber and/or Lyft. I am very disappointed that they got rid of the express transportation between parks, that was a huge part of my plan to park hop. I am wondering about the between park Disney transportation and how long it takes to get to each park from another. Is it worth taking or should I just count on using uber/Lyft to get to each park from another?

The actual transit time between parks, by bus, is 20 min, plus or minus. But this doesn’t include walking to/from the bus platforms or any waiting for buses that you might have to do. The general “rule of thumb” is to plan on an hour, and if it takes less time, so much the better. I don’t use a stopwatch, but anecdotally I would say it has averaged about 45 min for me. Can’t comment on Uber or Lyft as I have never used them.

1 Like

I have been very lucky at AK with Uber- grabbing a ride as someone is dropped off. Other that the HS/EP walk, if I am taking Disney transportation I plan an hour.

1 Like

If you plan on using Uber / Lyft to or from MK, you will need to walk from or to the Contemporary. They will not be allowed to drop you or pick up from the gates of MK. It’s a 10 minute stroll from gates to Contemp.

1 Like

Thank you all for your input. How long should I allow if I use Lyft or Uber? Also any suggestions for MK area hotel suggestions for lunch? On day three of our trip we will be at AK for EMH and then will be hopping over to MK to finish the day. I thought since we would have to be dropped at a hotel like Contemporary, we could grab lunch there. It doesn’t have to be the contemporary though, it could also be the Poly, GF, etc…