2 Likes

Oh alright.

3 Likes

The next round opens today?

1 Like

Supposed to but not open yet

1 Like
5 Likes

This round wasn’t as agonizing for me, because they didn’t put my two favorite resorts against each other. I imagine the next one will be hard though.

3 Likes

I felt this one was harder actually… nicer rooms vs. better location. I’m really hoping there are a few upsets out there (Jambo House for the win…)

5 Likes

AKL Jambo vs my home resort…

4 Likes

I felt it was easier. I have my faves :woman_shrugging:

It will be fun to see POFQ kill RR :smiley:

7 Likes

So no real upsets in the round of 32, as two of the match-ups were closely seeded Resorts.

This round closes at 9:00 tonight.

2 Likes

I felt like the closest thing to an “upset” was Jambo vs. Bungalows, as well as Boulder Ridge vs. Coronado Springs and POFQ vs. Dolphin. I agree with the results of each, but there are pros / cons to each competitor.

And I do feel bad for OKW, SSR, BC, CBR, and PO Riverside, which are lovely resorts but were up against powerhouses.

2 Likes

7 out of 8 were upsets!

2 Likes

Shocked about AKL winning over the Cabins at CC but that may speak to the cost factor more than anything there as the Cabins have become a bucket-list item even as AKL (ESPECIALLY Jambo) is one of my tops ever.

3 Likes

Exactly, looks like most the voters think that some of the Deluxe Resorts are not worth the extra cost.

2 Likes

AKL Jambo vs Boardwalk is gonna be a nail biter.
I personally don’t LOVE any of the Epcot resorts, but I know they have a dedicated fan base.

1 Like

Samesies

I personally think it’s bc of where I live, to an extent. I was born and raised at the Jersey Shore, and my mother’s family is from New England, so I’ve spent a lot of time in CT and MA. That pretty much sums up YC, BC, and BW.
If I want that atmosphere, I could stay home. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’ve never considered that as a factor in my nonchalance about them. Could be you’re right (but then again the ocean is my other happy place so to have my happy place in my happy place should be like :exploding_head: )

3 Likes

But there’s no real ocean, so your brain isn’t believing the hype.
Seriously, the smellls and sounds are a huge part of memory.

2 Likes

I fully expect a Final Four of the 3 monorail resorts plus Jambo. People love the classics. I love the Epcot area now more with the current HS but wouldn’t have 5 years ago. I’m totally biased too and have yet to stay at any monorail resorts. Some day I hope to be able to make a fair comparison.

1 Like