Best TS restaurants for price and picky eaters

You’ll probably still want pool time, just not the lounging afterward. Sounds like you want to keep your plans flexible and save money so I’d stick with counter service, however, there is no harm in booking a few TS meals, you can always cancel them the day before, or bump and run on the day.

2 Likes

We spend a lot of time meeting princesses in the park, which may be a better option for you. I think my DD may even like the interactions better there than at the character meals! If you do that then you can pick an ADR based upon where you can find the food you need!

1 Like

Lol. Thanks. All because of @PTs post yesterday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I suggest Sci-Fi!!
When we stayed at POP this year we would grab the snack pack from the food court to eat the next morning or for a snack at the park. The snack pack includes yogurt, sliced apples, carrots, sammy jammy, goldfish crackers, and a drink (water, milk, and one other choice that I can’t remember) for under $6.

2 Likes

Breakfast at Garden Grill, lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern, lunch or dinner at Beaches and Cream, lunch or dinner at Sci-fi diner.

1 Like

I agree that characters meals are expensive and with a picky eater might not be worth it. I think Sci-FI would be a fun and not expensive (by Disney standards). And there are items on the kids menu it sounds like she would eat.

2 Likes

Those dfb videos are great for picky folks. They are very thorough and show what the food looks like - including the inside.

Based on your description of your daughter’s eating habits, you can probably do ok snacking around the park. If there’s a Festival going on in Epcot, then maybe some of the booths have some little things she’ll like. If you want a sit down meal, then maybe you can find an appetizer she’ll like.

One restaurant that fits your criteria, being good for a picky eater and not too expensive (by Disney standards) is Trail’s End. It’s not all that conveniently located, out at Fort Wilderness, but if you’re looking for a break from the parks, then the boat ride could be a pleasant addition to the day.

Other places that come to mind are The Grand Floridian Cafe, Beaches and Cream (though finding a reservation is tough), the Plaza restaurant, and The Fountain at the Dolphin.

1 Like

My picky eater DD really enjoyed Garden Grill breakfast and Beaches and Cream. Also, if you’re at Pop and want QS but a change of pace you could walk over to AOA. The resort is fun to explore and has good kids’ options at the food court. If they still have the adult chicken nuggets with 2 sides it is plenty of food for an adult and a child to share.

1 Like

Picky eaters seem to be the norm in most fams. I’ve been there with the $45 apple at buffet, the $45 bowl of cold cereal. We actually found (last 2 trips w char buffets) that our littles just kind of ignored (or hid) from those characters.

The only really great character meet was for 4yr old Dgd with talking Mickey, who unfortunately doesn’t talk anymore.

This trip I’ve set up our 1 character meal @Akershus, for dinner, at which time at least some of us can have a full meal. I found that even adults in my fam don’t eat large meals for breakfast or lunch.

The 3 little girls going (the guys on trip are skipping, going to CS that night) hopefully will eat something.

This character meet will be a great one though, they’re all princesses in training haha!

1 Like