Best TS restaurants for price and picky eaters

Quick trip - approx 72 hours (including flight time) with DD7. She’s quite picky and we’ve never done any table service dining before. Always QS or eating at our condo. Also first trip flying, no car and on site at POP. So I don’t want to spend a lot but also don’t want to starve seeing as I won’t be going to the grocery store like normal. I was going to have some groceries delivered but not much seeing as we will only be there a few days. I am cheap, so I will not be happy knowing I paid $30 for a meal and my daughter ate a biscuit.
Recommendations for TS that’s cost effective and won’t take up a ton of time? Character meals ok, but would prefer princesses if that’s the route we take.
TIA!

2 Likes

What will she eat?

1 Like

I would go breakfast at Akershus. My DD5 eats about 10 things TOTAL in life. Half of those things are breakfast items, so we try to stick to that for table service. And there are princesses.

3 Likes

Anything yellow, chicken nuggets, bread, cheeseburgers. She’s not adventurous at all. Pancakes, waffles, mac and cheese, grilled cheese. But if she doesn’t like the way it look then we are screwed. LOL

3 Likes

This is a quick trip while boys are in Daytona at the Nascar race so i was trying not to break the bank. This will be a first trip for us not having access to a kitchen. Very fortunate to have been blessed with a mother that likes timeshares so we rarely stay in hotels. And we don’t typically have airfare either.
I would also consider restaurants at a resort.

I’d say those foods are staples of almost all kids menus. I’d go for breakfast or lunch because they are cheaper than dinner, and I’d probably look at menus I would like first, then check the kids menu. Beaches and Cream is a cheaper option and lots of fun.

2 Likes

None of those items is on the menu at Ackershus breakfast. The buffet at 1900 Park fare should have several of them, though. I definitely remember Mac and cheese.

4 Likes

Also, Cinderella and the stepsisters!

3 Likes

Not completely princessy, but the ‘Beast Casserole’ at BOG is just Mac and cheese. Although not princesses, I would highly recommend Ohana breakfast. They serve waffles amongst other things family style, but you can ask specifically just for more waffles. Great meal, great characters.

2 Likes

the dis just did a video on this, worth a watch:

3 Likes

Excellent, thanks, I will watch it!

I think it’s fun to see you posting in here. :slightly_smiling_face:

@koolaid No idea about the food places, sorry! Maybe I’m December I’ll be more help!

1 Like

I am glad to meet a fellow parent of a picky eater! The items you have suggested are more than my picky eater will partake of. I just look at menus before we book anything. A buffet will more than likely have something on your list (I hear the Mickey mac and cheese is the best at Chef Mickeys). But nothing bothers us more than paying a buffet price for three chicken nuggets! I think chicken nuggets are on a lot of menus. Just do a search on the touring plans menu page (app or on the site) and you will find lots of choices.

2 Likes

My DSs are the same way. Thank you, @koolaid for letting me know I’m not the only one dealing with this.

1 Like

she eats like a bird, but man when she gets hungry she’s a pill. I always have to have snacks on hand for her, she was always “hungry” on our spring break trip in April. never a full meal though, always snacking and grazing. not sure where i went wrong with this one. LOL

Oh no, not at all. LOL My DS11 is a different sort of picky but he wont be there so it’s one less picky to worry about this trip. Hoping to be drama free but with a DD7 that thinks she’s 17, I am not so sure. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This was great, I watched the QS one also. Interesting ideas I hadn’t thought of, so thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Yes please as I am sure i will be changing plans between now and February. ADR day is 8/19 so I was trying to get some things lined up without hoarding. But I am sure that will be changed.

Via Napoli. If you’re trying to keep the cost down I would probably avoid TS restaurants. There’s nothing cheap about any of the character meals, so you might be better off meeting the princesses around world showcase, or in MK with FPP or the first hour of the day.

3 Likes

They don’t necessarily have to be princessess or character meals really. Was thinking of maybe one a day for a break. Not sure how warm the pool will be for afternoon breaks in mid Feb so was thinking of using a TS maybe. I don’t know this is the shortest trip I have planned and she wants to do so much so I am torn. I don’t want to spend a lot of time either. We will be at RD every morning hopefully so can accomplish a lot then. Will be park hopping most likely to see what she wants.