Best Transportation Options from LAX to Disneyland area

Saw a similar post on here and figured I’d ask the same but from LAX. Trip is in January and we arrive on a Tuesday and leave on a Sunday. Just my wife and I are going.

1 Like

Do you have the option of flying into Orange County or Long Beach?

Already had Delta flight credits and they didn’t have good times for either. Good thing is we aren’t going to the parks on either our arrival or departure days.

That is a good thing because the traffic between LAX and DLR can be terrible, more often than not! Sorry but I can’t answer your question. We tend to fly into Orange County.

2 Likes

Have you considered a private town car? They aren’t that much more than Lyft / Uber, if you aren’t comfortable with a ride share.

(Personally, it’s a 40 mile trip. I’d go with the private car than the “random” guy picking you up in an Uber. I use ride shares often and like them. However, I’ve had more than one awkward ride. Thankfully, my trips tend to be 10 minutes. I couldn’t imagine getting stuck in LA traffic in an Uber when it’s a “weird” driver.)

1 Like

I’ve thought about that but I don’t have experience with any. Any recommendations?

1 Like

@Bubblez has the best answer for this question! It’s 247ride.

Whatever you do, DON’T use Disney’s preferred provider. @OBNurseNH had a horrible experience with them.

2 Likes

By the way, I’ve used Uber and Lyft and they work great on the way BACK from DLR to LAX.

But on the way TO DLR you have to go the “LAXit” area and sometimes wait like 30 minutes for the next available Uber/Lyft. Delta is at Terminal 2, so it’s not that far of a walk to LAXit, but still not fun with a bunch of luggage. Taking a shuttle the long way around past every other terminal would take a while as well and not save much walking. So a town car is the better option.

3 Likes

Both of these are super helpful. Thanks everyone for your help!

1 Like

Karmel Shuttle.

Terrible service.

1 Like

We have 5 people coming from LAX to the Hyatt House.

Hyatt House front desk says they basically have their own Uber/Lyft Black person that we can reserve with an SUV, but I’m a little hesitant to have something that’s not in writing. Was going to go with Karmel but now having seconds thoughts about that.

Best option for 5 with luggage from LAX if we won’t fit into a town car, but would rather not ride share? The nice thing about Karmel was that we could reserve a vehicle for 1-5 people and then be guaranteed to have it to ourselves.

We used Executive Car Service and they were awesome. Clean car, good service.

3 Likes

Definitely DO NOT

2 Likes

We used Executive in December and also loved them - they were early both on arrival and departure (which was X-mas day), very nice drivers and clean cars. One of our suitcases didn’t arrive (along with about 12 others) and we had about an hour and a half wait on arrival to fill out the lost luggage form and get a copy of it. Executive waited the whole time and was up front about the extra waiting fees, which were honestly less than I was expecting.

1 Like