Best time to visit WDW in the fall

Almost three years ago. So times may have changed since then.

Thanks. I’ll keep on hoping.

1 Like

We did first week of November last year. Weather was amazing (no rain, not too hot, still warm enough to swim), crowds 4-6, and Christmas decorations. Also, the prices were very good.

2 Likes

How manageable did you find those crowds ?

Very, very well. We had touring plans and ended up doing more than what was on the plans! We had to be flexible, but we loved it. I wrote a report somewhere on the forum!

1 Like

Fantastic, thank you so much !!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know, I just hear such contrasting things about September! Some people swear its the best time to visit, and others are terrified of going or have gone and refuse to repeat the mistake! I appreciate all of your help though! I think we’ll risk it and just go! A little rain never hurt anyone, and even if we lose a day, we’ll make the best of it! :slight_smile:

Right now they’re predicting the crowds as a level 1 for the whole week, so I think we’ll risk it!! Being stuck in the rain for an hour wont matter as much if we can get everything in beforehand because the crowds are so low!! :smile:

1 Like

Where are you from? I have gone in September a couple of times and I really do love the season and crowd levels, but I cannot do the heat. (I’m from New England.) I just can’t. This last time I had to promise myself we wouldn’t go back in September again. The rain doesn’t bother me at all!

Occasional rain is normal there. If a tropical storm or hurricane comes, just plan for extra days! Truth is, they are rare to impact Orlando other than some rain. And, we have fond memories of that vacation BECAUSE of the rain day.

1 Like

Yeah I remember that from our honeymoon in August 2015! It rained every afternoon and we had fun hunkering down somewhere for 30 mins to an hour waiting for it to pass!

Ohio! So the heat doesn’t bother me much unless its over 100 or so! When we were there in August it got up to mid to upper 90’s and we just took extra breaks and did more rides with AC!

1 Like

Then you’ll definitely enjoy September :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My favorite time to go is mid Nov - mid Dec - but you would miss F&W if you went then. Although I live in FL, I just don’t enjoy WDW when it’s hot, and to me, Sept is not really much different than August. Hurricanes are always a concern in September, but if you look at the stats of actual hurricanes shutting down WDW, it’s probably one or two days in a thousand. And the likelihood of a “non-tropical” storm coming through is probably not much higher than it would be any other month of the year.

Yeah we definitely want to hit F&W and the Halloween party, but that’s really helpful info, thank you!!

I did F&W last year during the last week of October and the weather was absolutely beautiful. Crowds were on the higher side, though. This year, it worked better with my schedule for me to go the first week of September. I’m still recovering, haha! Crowds were much more manageable this year (once the Labor Day weekend had passed) but the heat and humidity really did me in.

In the end, I actually accomplished fewer rides and activities this year (even with super low crowd levels) because I needed so many breaks to rest and cool off. I did a lot more last year with higher crowds and a good touring plan. If at all possible, next time I want to enjoy F&W, I’ll go with the higher crowds of late October rather than face the heat and humidity of early September.

I agree. I would trade higher crowds and fewer rides for better weather…

Hurricane season is June to November. I have been three years over Labor day and this year 9/14 to 9/24.

September and October are the peak of the season. “Officially” November is included, but the likelihood of one goes way down. This year marks my 20th hurricane season and once we get to November, I start to relax…

2 Likes