Best Time for KS?

Is morning the best time to go on the safari ride? Are most of the animals pretty active then?

Last October we were on the Safari before 9 a.m., don’t remember the exact time. It was probably the best one that ws have been on as far as spotting animals. That same trip we also went on it getting in line just before sunset. Even with FP, the line moved so slowly that by the time we were moving, it was too dark to see.

2 Likes

Thanks! That makes me feel better about doing it first, then.

1 Like

In general I’ve had the best luck with morning safaris, but pay attention to the timing. Over Columbus Day weekend, AK opened at 7. We got there and were in line for KS by 7:30 and were told it wouldn’t open until 8. So we came back right around 8, waited about 10 minutes or so, but neither the zebras nor the elephants were out. So I think if it’s a standard 9am opening, first thing is fine. If it’s an early opening, you may want to wait until standard opening times.

1 Like

I went on it yesterday, boarded around 9:50 and it was perfect. All the animals were out and about.

2 Likes

We were there on 10/13 and rode twice. Once was probably around noon and once as the park was closing. Very different rides and were able to see a lot of different animals. We loved the second time through more.

1 Like

I should also note that both times we rode it was almost a walk on. The posted times were 40 minutes and 25 minutes.

2 Likes