Best time for empty Batuu

I feel like I should really be the person answering this question but I don’t normally rope drop.

DD and I want to go do the bounty hunter game with our new Magic Bands next week. I’m thinking getting there at park open (not onsite so can’t do EE) will give us the best shot at an empty Batuu because everyone else will be running to get in line.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

I would check to see if it is a scheduled star cruiser day. I know it is not many guests but it would be a 100 or so more than another day.

1 Like

Ah good point, they will probably be doing these things too.

1 Like

I would do it at the end of the day. Batuu after 6 is much less congested and more pleasant overall.

2 Likes

We were there this morning. It was pretty light, but we did have early entry. It wasn’t too bad at regular start time either.

5 Likes

That was another thought

I offer up these exhibits as evidence…

7 Likes

The evening might help the new MagicBand+ display show up better, but you also want to have a fully charged band when you start playing.

2 Likes

We already have them and will plug in the night before.

1 Like

What I really mean is don’t run the battery down during the day, before you start playing (e.g. use a different band during the day). Or else charge it back up again in the afternoon, which can take 90 min for a full charge. That game can really drain a battery, from what I’ve read, such as batteries lasting only 90 min to 3 hours while playing it. How Long Does It Take to Recharge a MagicBand+?

Yeah I read that too. No worries though we are local and just going to play the game, don’t need the band to get back into our room :wink:

1 Like

Agreed. This is dec 19th after 5.30pm:

I did intentionally frame the photo so that there are no people, but being able to even do that means it was pretty quiet

3 Likes

Just to give everybody a little piece of mind, the power on the new MB+ reportedly is mostly used for the new interactive features and lighting interactivity. Disney reported that if the battery dies, the RFID still works, including for getting in your room.

1 Like

Yes, that’s true for all the other MagicBands - that if/when the battery dies (used for on-ride photos and effects) it still does all the functions where you tap (park entry, Lightning Lanes, room door, photo pass photographers, paying for purchases).

1 Like

seems like consensus is evening! This will make DD very happy as she is a night owl :wink: she will get up early for Disney but will be more energetic at night.

3 Likes