Best thing about the boardwalk?

Hi all,
I’ll be doing a split stay between BLT and Boardwalk villas. I’m thinking, between the 2, walking distance to 3 parks! Anyway, I’ve never been to Boardwalk, can those of you who have been fill me in on what you like the most about the resort, Must dos while I’m there, that kind of thing.
Thanks a bunch!
Wendy

Flying Fish for signature dining, Beaches and Cream for ice cream and burgers, Jellyroll’s for after hours (21 and older) fun. The CM breakfast at the Trattoria gets very good reviews.

2 Likes

Hire a Surrey bike and cycle round the lake.
Hire any kind of water craft from the marina at YC.

There’s a really nice bar in the Boardwalk. I also like the one at BC. The names have gone out of my head just now. Mizner’s maybe one of them?

If you have kids, there’s a community hall at the Boardwalk, where they can do craft activities or generally chill.

I recently read about morning yoga at the Atlantic Dance Hall too! That’s a new one to me.

Catch the street entertainers along the Boardwalk itself. Catch the sunset over the lake.

3 Likes

I really enjoy walking around the Boardwalk at night. For adults I love walking to BlueZoo and just sit at the bar.

3 Likes

The cinnamon rolls at the Boardwalk Bakery are divine! We love to stop on our way to EPCOT for cinnamon rolls and coffee.

3 Likes

Kimonos for sushi at Swan, and also Ample HIlls Creamery on the Boardwalk.
Hopefully, you’ll get to experience am EMH at Epcot through the IG.

1 Like

I actually liked the clown pool! Also, Ample Hills Ice Cream (just don’t try to go right after Illuminations, it’s packed).

The lobby is very peaceful compared to Beach Club - the fact that all the restaurants are outside means you don’t have nearly as many non-guests walking through the lobby.

1 Like

We have a TON of fun in the photobooth on the Boardwalk. It links to your Photopass too which is awesome! Ample Hills for sure, the walk-up Pizza window accepts quick service credits, and you can beat sitting in a swing with your feet in the sand over near Beach Club. You are going to have a fabulous time!

1 Like

You are going to love the convenience of being able to walk to HS and Epcot from BWV.
We love pastries from the Boardwalk Bakery. Jellyrolls is a great dueling piano bar for those 21+. It’s also an easy walk to the YC for a great steak at Yachtsman Steakhouse.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I’m even more excited now!

Abracadabar got good reviews but I’ve never tried it so I can’t personally vouch for it. I can however vouch for the awesomely innovative ice cream at Ample Hills. There’s also a funnel cake kiosk and yummy pastries at Boardwalk Bakery. It’s just a nice and serene atmosphere on the boardwalk with low key evening entertainers around. I also loved the character breakfast at Trattoria al Forno- great food and good character interactions with Rapunzel and Flynn (Ariel and her man, Prince Eric, are also there but their interactions weren’t as fun).

2 Likes

Thanks! It sounds like the ice cream place is the place to be! We did book the bon voyage character breakfast for our last day. I’m really looking forward to that!

I love the location with the ability to walk to Epcot and HS. EMH at either park becomes more fun and returning with the boardwalk lit up, entertainers outside, the feel is great. lots of restaurants around the lake to choose from, and a relaxed feel.

1 Like

It’s a brilliant location

Saw a great street magician there last July as well - he was amazing

1 Like

The Belle Vue Lounge at the Boardwalk is one of my favorite bars/lounges on property!

That’s the one I was trying to think of! Thanks for the reminder. :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you for this post! We’re doing the exact same split stay next November!