Best Steak at WDW in 2019?

Where’s the best place to get a steak on property? We’ve never been to Yachtsman, but I thought I remembered hearing that somewhere else was better?

1 Like

I don’t know where the best steak is. But Yachtsman is excellent.

You’ll hear good and bad about anywhere. It’s subjective.

4 Likes

The Wagyu at Yachtsman is quite an experience. You even get a certificate with it about the cow. But I think it is hard to beat the Porterhouse for two at Le Cellier. California Grill doesn’t treat you wrong either with their Oak Fired Filet.

3 Likes

I really love the steak at Flying Fish.

2 Likes

My husband’s ribeye at Jiko in July was absolutely amazing. Perfectly cooked at medium rare.

2 Likes

I think all of the signatures do an admirable job with steaks. Many people say that Shula’s is the best on property, but if I’m at WDW, I don’t really want to eat at a chain restaurant. The one time I ate at the Boathouse, I was disappointed. It’s expensive (even by WDW standards), everything is ala carte, and although cooked to a perfect rare, my steak was rather dry and tasteless. I may go back and try something else there, but for steak, it was one and done.

Takumi Tei (the new steakhouse in Japan) serves a Japanese wagu steak. Based on a “tasting” portion I had at V&A, it’s absolutely amazing, but the “dinner” at Takumi Tei is $93, and I’m guessing it will only be a 4 or 6 oz. steak

2 Likes

We’ve had some pretty amazing steaks at Yachtsman over the years including another great meal this summer. I’ve also had fabulous steaks at Jiko and CG.

2 Likes

For sure I’ve asked a loaded question!

So far we have:
Yachtsman
Le Cellier
Cali Grill
Flying Fish
Jiko
Shulas (which I never heard of before, thanks @bswan26)
Takumi Tei - for this coming trip is too expensive but for sure DH and I will go when it’s just the two of us

We’re only planning on MK in the AM one day, so Cali Grill is out. I’m leaning toward Le Cellier because it’s been on our list for so long. Or Jiko, because it looks amazing there also.

1 Like

I would vote Jiko over LeCellier any day.

3 Likes

Le Cellier reviews have gone way downhill in the last 3 years. I was planning it but ended up picking Yachtsman again instead.

Go to Jiko.

3 Likes

Another vote for Jiko. Le Cellier was very disappointing to me the one time I have been, and have never had a desire to return.

2 Likes

I agree!

2 Likes

We just ate at Le Cellier a few weeks ago and it was excellent. Was our best meal of the trip!

3 Likes

I’ve not had a disappointing meal at LC, but between that and Jiko, Jiko is the hands down winner.

2 Likes

Jiko is the clear winner! Thanks everyone!

4 Likes

Chiming in late but totally agree with Jiko!!! The steak I had there in July was PERFECT.

2 Likes

Another vote for Jiko!!!

2 Likes

Interesting that we’ve had so many opinions, yet you’ve all been wrong.

The best steak I’ve had is the wagyu at Tiffins.

4 Likes

When researching this question some time ago, Shukla’s generally came out to be the best…but that wasn’t in 2019. The downside is that Shukla’s is not technically a Disney restaurant, even though it is located on Disney property, and the “theming” leaves much to be desired.

I can’t speak to any of it. Never had a steak at Disney before. Just reporting my previous research.