Best spots to watch Illuminations

I was planning on doing the FEA Dessert party to watch Illuminations but since I waited too long for my sister to confirm she wanted to do the party it looks like it is sold our for our date. I am OK with not doing the party but I was looking forward to watching the fireworks in a good location stress free. Where are some good locations we can watch the fireworks? I am open to all suggestions and I look forward to hearing some of your experiences. TIA!

I liked this spot that was recommended on these forums.

It’s below the bridge between France and England. Quite a large area.

Here’s the view:

6 Likes

Germany. My favorite spot to watch.

Plus, there’s extra magic there when the caramel shop closes.

Shhhhhhhh

4 Likes

Some good info here:
https://www.magicalkingdoms.com/blog/2018/05/22/10-of-the-best-places-to-view-illuminations/

1 Like

Whichever way the wind is NOT blowing in your face.

Seriously. Any of these listed are awesome…until the wind blows all the smoke and ash your direction.

5 Likes

what she said

Thanks everyone! I was super bummed yesterday when I couldn’t book the dessert party, but it does seem like there are plenty of good spots to watch Illuminations. I will look at this as a positive and maybe spend the money somewhere else on my trip.

There’s also a dining a package for Illuminations at the Rose and Crown.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/illuminations-dinner-package/
They just opened it a few days ago.

We considered it but went for the FEA since our girls are huge fans but I would have preferred Rose and Crown.

Thank you!! We actually have dinner reservations for Rose and Crown one night so I will check this out!

Thanks again for this suggestion!! I just made a reservation for my family. I actually prefer this over the dessert party and I am really excited.

1 Like

No problem I’m glad I could help. Now I’m jealous. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has anyone sat in the reserved seating for Illuminations? Where is it, exactly?

Never mind! I found the FastPass+ area.

1 Like