Best Snacks at WDW

FWIW, I think it would be 100% better if Dole Whips were actually ice cream instead of a non-dairy food product.

The non-dairy thing is probably why I prefer the float over the straight “whip.”

3 Likes

You guys keep saying “Pretzel” wrong.

8 Likes

I don’t remember Dole Whips being a thing in WDW back in 1996 on our honeymoon. I could be wrong and we just never managed to have one but I was very surprised by the “iconic treat dole whips”! I was like what’s a dole whip? DH would probably like them as he like pineapple much more than I do (it’s ok but don’t like it to over power). I’m much more interested in the alternative versions but not sure which ones. Not the key lime one.

3 Likes

I definitely want to try the lime dole whip with sprite.

I grew up at social gatherings where sherbet and 7-up punch was a treat, so sherbet and 7-up floats are definitely a comfort food for me.

I actually prefer original dole whip straight without the vanilla ice dream blend. I haven’t tried anything beyond those 2 variations IIRC.

Oh, and I want to try the boozy one. Obv.

7 Likes

is this why you think soups are snacks?

12 Likes

I don’t fancy the original pineapple one but the Peter Pan lime one is yummy! I really wanted to try the Redd’s Revenge which was strawberry but didn’t get chance. I really hope the coconut one is still there next year, that sounds amazing!

7 Likes

I want to try the one w/ pop rock… lava something. I had a pistachio and raspberry one a year ago that was amazing!

4 Likes

Keep meaning to mention … welcome back to your old avatar! :blush:

6 Likes

haha… I’m in a better mood :wink:

7 Likes

Hey stranger, I remember that face! :wink:

5 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Soups can definitely be snacks.

However, I am still open to thoughtful debate on whether cereal is soup.

I don’t think I have any lingering food issues from the delight that is sherbet punch. Mixing jello and veggies or whatnot and calling it “salad” however…[shudder]

Oh, and I fixed this.

5 Likes

FYI from Disney Food Blog, a new WDW snack, Pineapple Upside Down Cake Push Pop

7 Likes

Ha! That is a fun idea but horrible execution. push pops only work with something that has a single consistency throughout, like sherbet or ice cream.

10 Likes

I see this glopping all over the place, with layers being lost to the tar.

7 Likes

But look at the bright side… there’s all that extra plastic to fill up the landfills! Err, wait.

3 Likes

Ohhhhh my. I want that.

On the subject of churros… I grew up eating them. I can’t say that I’ve ever known a particular place’s churros to be better than anyone else’s, mainly because if they’re fresh then there’s always some variability. It could be slightly crunchier today than yesterday, or slightly mor cinnamony this time than the last, and a really fresh churro tastes different than one that’s a couple of hours old no matter where it’s from.

5 Likes

:rofl::joy:

6 Likes

I would love pistachio!

4 Likes

I started reading this thread this morning hoping to get some advice on decent snacks at WDW. :laughing: Just…wow.

11 Likes