Best Snacks at WDW

Also, she doesn’t do rock…only country music silly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

COUNTRY STAR…wait…do people even say that ???

3 Likes

:raising_hand_woman::raising_hand_woman:

But I’m an outlier.

2 Likes

Oh and a quick PSA: if you’re hoping “wentzels pretzels” or whatever the hell it’s called there in disney springs is a copy of the AA goodness, you’re in for a world of sadness.

Should be called “wentzels disappointments”

3 Likes

And that will be in my head every time I walk by one!

3 Likes

Eh, bathing is overrated. Have them run through some sprinklers. This thread clearly takes priority.

:grin:

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Well, that plan lasted all of 4 days before I changed it. Possibly a record!

With MK now opening an hour earlier that day, I’m splitting the waffles into 2 completely separate snacks!

And, Sleepy Hollow now has 2 separate menus online instead of the anecdotally inaccurate “all day” menu it previously had. Now it has “breakfast” and…”snack”! :joy:. So that confirms what was already reported regarding the cutoff between fruit and chicken as waffle accompaniments.

Also, I found that Sunshine Tree Terrace has vanilla soft serve and opens at 10am, rather than waiting for Storybook Treats to open at 11am.

10am Snack #1 - fruit & nutella waffle from Sleepy Hollow topped with ice cream from Sunshine Tree Terrace

11:30am Snack #2 - chicken & waffle from Sleepy Hollow and Peter Pan floats from Storybook Treats

8 Likes

Have you had a citrus swirl before?

3 Likes

Yes! Too strong of taste to put on the waffle, though, I think… :thinking:

ETA: I’m sure we’ll hit Sunshine Tree Terrace again and/or Aloha Isle on our second MK day. We ran out of room before we got in a Peter Pan float last visit. And we want to highlight the waffles. So those are our first MK day priorities.

3 Likes

9 Likes

DD20 got this from her DBF for her bday. Apparently the Japanese have a pretty broad definition of “snack”. Tea is a snack?

11 Likes

Have to say, I’m not a huge fan of the red bean products in Japan! Hope DD likes it! :joy:

4 Likes

That reminds me of the box we get from universal yums. It is a box of snacks we get once every 4 weeks from a different country each time. We enjoy them, and rate the snacks on a scoreboard they provide.

11 Likes

Can we talk churros for a moment? I mean, I won’t say no to a random churro, but there seems to be a certain obsession with them by some posters?

Is this because they aren’t readily available where people are from? (They are here in Texas. Without more info, it feels like people are excited because, omigosh, Disney has donuts!)

Are all WDW churros roughly equivalent or are certain ones standouts? What about those at Universal?

Just trying to figure out how much churro space belongs in my tummy snack budget and where the best ones might be?

4 Likes

I’ll be the first decenter on Churros… and I don’t care for the dole whip either, not the traditional one. I like some of the other dole floats.

3 Likes

Just pass the dole whip to my DH and he’ll put it out of its misery for you. Or pretty much any cold frozen treat. No matter the quantity.

We did a zoom game where we let the church kids pick ice cream toppings for him. And he ate the whole thing! :nauseated_face:

He said it was very sardine forward! :joy:

4 Likes

Doesn’t he like breakfast soup aka cereal and milk too ? Is his name Mikey?

3 Likes

It probably should be!

(Thinking about it further, he’s probably such a fan of cereal because it’s close enough to melted ice cream…)

3 Likes

Here is my stance:

Disneyland churros are a magical concoction that is unrivaled by any other earthly treat. I have never eaten an equivalent churro at any other restaurant, amusement park, street cart, or food truck. I will always eat at least one warm, regular flavor churro every trip to DL.

I have been told that WDW churros aren’t as good as DL but I haven’t tried a WDW in long enough to say for myself. I’ve never tried a Universal churro but some people say they’re good.

My love for the DL churro is at least partially nostalgia, but also the perfect balance of crispness to softness just isn’t done right in other churros, even and especially more “authentic” varieties.

6 Likes