Best Snacks at WDW

Cut to the chase. Which is better? Jack Jack or Gideon’s?

2 Likes

Gideon’s.

Jack Jack’s is good, but not enough chocolate chips. (Honestly, Gideon’s is probably a little overboard, but “oh I wish there was less chocolate” was famously quoted by no one, ever. )

And this is why you’re not consulted on important decisions. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I suppose there is something to be said about a snack being on a top ten list not because of how it tastes (although still a part of it), but also the classicness of it.

Take, for example, the Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Sandwich. It is a basic ice cream sandwich. Better than some you get from the grocery store, but not by a lot, and not nearly as good as say the Nestle Tollhouse cookie ice cream sandwich. And yet, EVERY trip to Disney, I end up buying multiple Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Sandwich because it is classic Disney experience. If I judged by taste alone, it would absolutely not be on my list…but it actually IS on my list of top ten snacks (that I buy) because I probably buy that snack more than any other!

And if going by that, I might now add Blue Milk from HS to the list. It is a fine snack. Unique, not necessarily amazing. But it is a “new” classic Disney snack that I suspect I’ll get each time I go much like getting Butterbeer from WWoHP.

3 Likes

Drinks. Are. Not. Snacks. (I don’t care about the DDP classification)

No one in the history of ever has said “Go get some snacks from the store!” And expected someone to come back with nothing but smoothies.

7 Likes

Generally, that is probably true. Although I put what is effectively a shake in the snack category. Because if you don’t include shakes, you might as well have to eliminate ice cream from snack categories as well.

Of course not. You can’t buy shakes or smoothies from the store. They have to undergo processing that keeps them simultaneously liquid and solid. If you take a shake and place it in a freezer…it becomes solid!

3 Likes

Snacks and drinks are separate categories.

Example: meet me at the Nomad Lounge. I’ll buy you some snacks and drinks.

6 Likes

Sigh

I swear you guys are just TRYING to miss the point I was making.

4 Likes

Also, still on my point that it’s snacks and drinks – would you ever offer someone a smoothie or a shake and a drink also? No. They are both drinks. Neither one is a snack

8 Likes

Well, yes. Actually. We do it a lot. I’ve made Butterbeer at home several times as a snack. Same with shakes. (Not smoothies. I’m not much of a smoothie kind of guy, for the most part.)

2 Likes

What?.. shakes are NOT ICE CREAM!!! Who hurt you? Did you come up with this blasphemy yourself? Yeah, they have ice cream in them, but they’re NOT ice cream. Whats the matta with you?

You can where I am.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Thanks!

I 100% agree with #6.I also enjoy the citrus swirl but I prefer my dole whip without pineapple juice (rum does work for me).

I know others will strongly disagree but the carrot cake cookie does nothing for me (I would love a true butterfinger cupcake) and I have only has the cheeseburger egg rolls at a dessert party and they were a greasy mess.

1 Like

You make butterbeer and have a drink with it?!?

2 Likes

Wawa shakes are life.

8 Likes

No. I make butterbeer as a snack.

I don’t have drinks with snacks, regardless of the type.

ETA: Actually, not entirely true. For example, I’ll have graham crackers and milk as a snack. But I don’t eat just graham crackers as a snack. They must be together. What’s the point of eating graham crackers if you don’t have milk to dip them in? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

4 Likes

he’d have to be drinking and thus inebriated to consider butterbeer a “snack”

3 Likes

See my confusion? Butterbeer is a drink. You drink it. Not a snack, which you eat.

8 Likes

Probably the dictionary is wrong though.

10 Likes