Best seafood for DD13th birthday dinner

We are surprising our DD and pulling her out of school for a trip to WDW for her big 13th bday (March 1). She loves seafood - lobster is her favorite. Any suggestions for dinner? This is a quick trip due to school schedule so trying to cram in as much special and fun as possible. Any other fun bday ideas are appreciated also! Thx!

4 Likes

I can’t answer your question but we are thinking of a quick trip for our DD13th also. So I will be following along

1 Like

I’ve never been, but I’ve heard good things about the Boathouse at Disney Springs

Their menu has crab-stuffed lobster

2 Likes

My family loved Fulton’s in Disney Springs before. I haven’t been since it changed to Paddlefish. I will say that it was an upscale experience that we got dressed up for.

1 Like

I am from Nee England and the crab stuffed lobster was good. I don’t think I have ever had such a hard shelled lobster! I would look at Bluezoo too.

2 Likes

We’ve been to Paddlefish twice. The food was pretty good, but expensive for what it was. It’s probably good value on the Dining Plan if you’re on that. For seafood (and lobster specifically) we prefer the Boathouse or Narcoossees. Never had the lobster at Bluezoo so can’t comment on that. They do tend to have Asian twists on a lot of their dishes though, which may not be what your DD is after.

1 Like

We enjoyed the lobster at Narcoossee’s and really enjoy the seafood options at Flying Fish.

1 Like

I would recommend Boathouse. I have not been there, but I have been to other restaurants owned by the same company and thought the seafood was excellent.

As far as I and my wife are concerned there is only one place to go for seafood. Cape May’s Café in the Beach Club resort. Now they don’t have Lobster tail, but they do have Crab Legs and all you can eat at that. They use huge steamers to cook the Crab Legs and they don’t sit in water where they lose their flavor. They put them on big platters piled high and you take all you want. Beside those, there are huge cold Shrimp, Clam Chowder, Oysters, Corn on the cob and much more. We go there every visit because we are from the Midwest and our Seafood sucks to say the least. Red Lobster = Fish bait. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Thanks just got reservations. Crab legs are my son’s favorite.

You will all love the place. :yum::yum::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Have eaten at Flying Fish, Paddle Fish, and Narcoossee’s (all multiple times). The food was good at all 3 but I feel the best overall experience is Narcoossee’s.

1 Like

Does anyone know if you can see the MK fireworks from Narcoossee’s? Thinking that may be a great way to celebrate … lobster and fireworks.

Yes! There are some tables that are along the window and you can sit and watch from your table, but people do go on the deck and partially block your view. You can also leave your table and walk outside to see the show. Music is played inside and outside. This was the vie from our table when we were seated:

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you - I think this is what we will do for her big 13th bday dinner!

2 Likes