Best popcorn bucket ever

So Disney were tipped off about people reselling them on eBay and are monitoring the situation.
Apparently some AP holders have had their passes revoked already.

8 Likes

This is good to hear. The supply has not run out yet so the market will be flooded, and demand may not be so high. Hopefully this all will discourage the re-sellers. Yesterday the lines were much lower.

6 Likes

where did you get this news? sadly, I enjoy seeing Karma in action

4 Likes

found it RUMOR: Disney Possibly Revoking Annual Passes, Issuing Trespasses to Merchandise Resellers - WDW News Today (wdwnt.com)

confused about one thing in the article: how are APs getting a discount on the popcorn bucket? It’s been my experience that the food cart vendors don’t give discounts for AP, DVC etc.

2 Likes

I read it in a post from a friend, who was also on a runDisney forum where the same thing was happening before.

As well as WDWNT, which I wouldn’t trust as a sole source, the story is on several sites so hard to say where it came from.

Kenny the Pirate, amongst others, also reported on this happening at the end of last year, and DL have also reportedly done so over the last 3 years.

4 Likes

Thanks. I do appreciate WDW shops putting limits on the number of items ONE person can buy but it’s obviously not working. IDK what else they can do to stop it?

1 Like

They could keep track of what people buy using an AP discount. But then people can always collude.

2 Likes

oh sure, I could see that, but this popcorn bucket is being sold at an outside cart and those food carts don’t give discounts to AP or DVC cards. Maybe I’m wrong about where it’s being sold @galuchies_463555… do you have any intel on this since you were able to get one? @Bubblez you saw too…

1 Like

I am equally surprised! I never heard of this before.

I’m on team @CharleneTX and @galuchies_463555. Figment is one of my few clear memories from my first trip to WDW with my parents when I was 6. Loved him. It would be wonderful if WDW made a Figment attraction that was, you know, actually good!

5 Likes

No discount on Figment

3 Likes

Well at least they’re not getting a discount.

I guess they could still track what people buy if they scanned bands / other ticket media if they felt it was worth while.

2 Likes

Maybe they could just scan park tickets / bands for limited purchases and limit it to one per ticket - problem solved?

I don’t think there is anything you can do about someone reselling one, but at least you couldn’t haul a bag of them.

4 Likes

It would HAVE to discourage resellers. The resellers do not make the demand. It’s the fans that want to pay for items that decide the prices. I can’t imagine paying x dollars for a Figment Popcorn Bucket, but I can guarantee you that some ppl on this planet think it’s worth 300 bucks. I don’t know who these ppl are, but that’s their business. From personal experience, some ppl have some very compelling reasons for wanting what they want, and some ppl just have a ton of money sitting around, and they happen to like things that other ppl do not. Story that makes me think this way:

A good 15 years ago, a buyer asked me if I would overnight him a “Rock Em Sock Em” Robots game from my Ebay store. I said sure, no problem. He offered me an extra 200.00 to make sure I would get to the Post Office on the same day. Long story short, his terminal son only had a few days left, and he wanted to show him one of his favorite childhood games, but couldn’t find it at a nearby store. So, again, I can’t even imagine wanting a Figment Popcorn Bucket, but the ppl that are buying these things for nutbag prices might have reasons other than just being nutbags with too much money.

3 Likes

Disney could easily stop this. Flood the market with at least some items but don’t let it be known which they will be. When the market figures out that those aren’t in short supply the resellers will be stuck with a supply of stuff they can’t sell.

2 Likes

Disneyland gets lots of different popcorn buckets so lines will get crazy here. I think when the Infinity Gauntlet sipper was released lines were 3 hrs. My all time favorites have to be the AT-AT and Casey Jr train. ( the train whistle pops off and turns into your own whistle and Dumbo is a drink sipper :blush:) the Mary Poppins umbrella and the van from Onward were available at the movie theaters

7 Likes

The AT-AT is definitely my favorite from your collection! Lots of cool stuff though.

4 Likes

I have several of those and more not on display though

1 Like

I live Sully and Mike!

3 Likes

Love the AT-AT. I see a lot of the ones I have. Got this one yesterday and the same in red.

7 Likes
3 Likes