Best Parks for a Two Day Trip

My husband, my 7 year old son, and myself will be going to Disney for a weekend in January. We plan to do a two day park pass. Our son happens to have autism and we have been to the parks before, and one thing we know is that the park hopper does not work very well for him. We know one of the days will be spent at Magic Kingdom, but I am trying to begin thinking about which of the other three parks would be best for our visit. (You have to really prep my son for the trips).
He LOVES the characters (Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, etc.), loves rides, parades, and fireworks. I am open for recommendations on which would be the best additional park for our trip.
Also, we do plan to do at least one character meal with him, so maybe we would need to go somewhere where that is possible as well.
Thank you

Depends on what he’s into for theming:

• Star wars: Easy. Hollywood studios. Can fill as much of a day as (my autistic boys, 6&8) can handle just on SW alone, plus Toy Story Midway Mania.
  • Animals: Animal Kingdom. Kilimanjaro Safari, wandering the trails, Tusker House for food, Wilderness Explorers books (do activities for stickers). Maybe take the train out to Rafiki’s planet Watch. Lots of exciting rides, like EE, Dinosaur, cool shows - Nemo, FOLK, Flights of Wonder.
  • Slow rides, okay with walking: Epcot: Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, Journey into the Imagination, Ellen’s Energy Adventure, The Seas with Nemo… these are all slow-moving, interesting rides. If he wants more excitement, it’s also got Mission Space, Soarin, Test Track. The Garden Grill is a great character meal, sit in once place and Chip, Dale, Pluto and Mickey come to you. If he’s into Pokemon, hit the Japan department store. If Phineas and Ferb, do a couple Agent P adventures.

This is wonderful information and exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much.

So, what did you decide in the end and how did it go?