Best park for a rainy day- Broph’s Unofficial Poll

• MK
  • AK
  • EP
  • HS

0 voters

What do you think is the best park for a rainy day? Why?

3 Likes

I did a search and didn’t find much info phrased this particular way, except @Randall1028 once upon a time (2018) suggesting AK due to more active animals. Though I’m not sure I wanna be at AK on a day where I can’t sit on the patio at nomad

1 Like

If doing the old Future World, Epcot for sure since you spend a majority of your time inside in Pavillions. If you are doing World Showcase, possibly not Epcot because you have to be outside.

In that case, I would go with MK…short distances between rides for the most part, with a lot of indoor queues and shopping.

4 Likes

I always say HS since SDD is the only attraction that closes down in weather?

8 Likes

MK has more shows and rides with indoor queues than the other parks. AK would be the worst.

5 Likes

This was one of my thoughts as well. Either HS or EP. MK is out for me because of the number of things possibly affected by rain and AK because there is soooo much time spent outside. My thoughts on EP were that you can spend a lot of time inside the World Pavilion. Storefronts, restaurants, movies. But you’d have to contend with other people surging inside and if you count out the outdoor food options, you might find quite a wait for otherwise low-priority indoor restaurants

3 Likes

I say any day at Disney is the BEST day, rain or shine, but not too hot :wink: Too hot is the worst :laughing:

6 Likes

Conversely, they dont shut world showcase for rain. Cant say the same for Test Track.

:tipping_hand_man:

1 Like

So if you don’t care for test track, EP is perfect. This is what I’m hearing

1 Like

Test track is one of my least favorite experiences at Epcot, so it doesn’t factor too much for me. They ruined the experience with the Tron-esque overlay. I only ride it if the wait is super short.

2 Likes

MK because there are a lot of inside attractions and things are close together. We got soaked at AK last trip!

4 Likes

are you planning a trip?

I voted MK, but I could also consider HS.
I hate rain. I was so miserable in the rain at EP. Too much walking.

7 Likes

That was my thinking.

3 Likes

You can hide out in pavilions for long periods of time. The Land has two rides, a show, and a restaurant for example. It’s not hard to get inside at EP.

2 Likes

Can confirm AK is miserable in the rain, aside from the active animals (which is a truism)

5 Likes

But here too there are several pavilions that have lengthy indoor shows.

There is a lot of walking at EP because it is so spread out though.

4 Likes

I voted MK for the same reasons as @LTinNC82.
But Disney is probably the only place I don’t care if it rains. I mean, I prefer a nice sunny day, but rain doesn’t ruin things for me. There are enough things to do to allow for a pivot.

At FARTS this year, the Trevor Carlson show was canceled due to rain and it was the last one. My fault because I could have seen him days prior and kept postponing. I was disappointed for about 30 minutes, but the rain stopped and I enjoyed the rest of what WS has to offer. (I can watch the train in Germany for at least 30 minutes.)

On Christmas party night I thought for sure the fireworks would have been cancelled due to rain. (Admittedly, it would have been a bummer because it was the best show I’ve ever seen. And y’all know how much those tickets were last year.) :laughing:

After the fireworks I left the party early because it was sprinkling and my Sketchers did not like the pavement. It was like an ice skating rink and I didn’t want to get hurt. But the Christmas party was so awesome I didn’t care about staying til the end.
I was completely full with joy, so take that Rain!

8 Likes

Not planning a trip. Just living vicariously through my big sister

3 Likes

Wish I were planning a trip….

2 Likes

Except the distance between non construction areas is long and can be confusing in EP and getting from one place to another is a PITA. Lots of people huddling in world showcase areas without a lot of room. If you aren’t at a pavilion it’s miserable - one of our rainy days was EP and with ECVs was more challenging than it needed to be. AK was our other but it was short and we got lucky with where we were.

6 Likes