Best Longhouse for Standard View at Poly

I messed up my room finder request for Poly and picked a room that was not standard view (garden view). Now Samoa doesn’t seem to have any room requests available at this point, so I requested a room in Niue which has similar views, is convenient to transportation, but no balcony. A lot of people here seemed to like Fiji. I want to feel like I’m in paradise and be close to everything. Should I risk requesting Samoa and not get it or stick with what I’ve got? I really wanted a balcony.

1 Like

Why not request Aotearoa 3rd floor? Do not request a view you did not book.

This confuses me. Room requests are not something that runs out. Is it just that Samoa doesn’t have standard view? I thought the non-pool side was standard view

Is the non pool side a water view? Some maps seem to say that?

Ah maybe. I didn’t think so but definitely possible

1 Like

It may be just the map.

I think all of Samoa changed to water view during the last update. Remember there’s a view of the quiet pool on the side opposite the main pool. Everything I clicked on seemed to show Water/Marina view and a search for Standard rooms shows nothing highlighted there at all…

3 Likes

We loved Fiji. Get the side away from the boats and you have a view of the pretty lawn with tiki torches and the beach. You can hear music from the Aloha show if you happen to be in the room at that time. It is also close to the main building where you can grab the monorail, food, drinks and dole whips.

3 Likes

That’s where I requested bc I’m also booked in STD view. Hope we get it! Also read on Tikiman’s site that it’s not as requested as Raratonga so hopefuly I have more of a chance of getting balcony or bottom floor so I have room to get out and have a cup of coffee and watch the sunrise while my clan still sleeps.

2 Likes

Yay, I hope you get it! We had 3rd floor and just loved it out there. I’m so excited for you. Staying at the Poly was magical and it ruined me forever.

2 Likes

All. Of. This.

I love Fiji house.

2 Likes

So glad you liked it! I’ve wanted and dreamed of staying here since my first trip to WDW when I was 9! We were staying at the contemporary and were riding the monorail and passed the Polynesian and I thought some day I’m staying HERE! Just looked like heaven to me and a place I might meet Magnum PI! :joy:

We were in Fiji on the side away from the boat dock as well. It was an awesome location! We ended up on the second floor so we didn’t have a balcony or patio but we still loved it.

1 Like

Thank you for your post. I am booked the Poly for 2019 August and people on the forum have said the rooms are moldy and worse than a motel 6. How is that possible able?

I have only stayed once in Fiji standard room and it was NOT moldy and like motel 6. We loved it and we have stayed at CBR which is “Poly-lite”. Having the extra room the incredible views and our mouse keeper was wonderful made our experience great! I wanted to stay there again this year but my oldest DD is off to college and her schedule doesn’t allow us to take advantage of the MVT Labor Day exclusive. We would never pay full price for that hotel but that is really anywhere in WDW. The rooms are not equivalent of real world hotels and pricing level. You truly are paying for convenience to the parks and being on property.

The QS, Trader Sam’s, and the cast members were just phenomenal during our stay. But like you prior to going I was really nervous based on other peoples reviews. Like all things in life go in with appropriate expectations and if things are up to your standards I truly feel WDW management and staff usually try to make it right for you.

3 Likes

I would not compare it to a motel 6. I found my room clean. Rooms could be seen as outdated, I thought it just went with the resort. Captain cookes wasn’t our favorite but we did like breakfast. But people love it there. We had a nice visit. I think the price is what’s offputting, when you could stay st the Ritz for similar prices. But the convenience is awesome and that’s what your paying for I think. We found the hotel fun.

2 Likes

I have stayed at the Poly multiple times. I have never, ever had a moldy room. I have always loved the rooms- green couch and all.

4 Likes

Picked this resort for the theming

1 Like

You will love it! When I think of sitting at the Oasis Pool, or walking those beautiful grounds- I just smile. In the rooms, I just love the coffee/regigerator area. I don’t know why, but the lighting in that area is one of my favorite parts of any room. Enjoy!

3 Likes

That’s why we picked it too. From when they give you a lei when you arrive to the grounds and tropical drinks— it is definitely well themed. Enjoy!

2 Likes