Best Buildings - Value and Moderate Resorts

I was hoping you’d all enlighten me on the Pop one. In fact, I think we actually specifically tell people to avoid the 90s building. Theme was my best guess. And it’s not like it was just a one or two survey fluke - there were over 150 submitted from there.

1 Like

Such a weird "winner"at Pop. I’ve been in a standard pool view room in the 80’s close to the parking lot. It seemed so far away from everything. If you walk through the parking lot, you could get to transportation but it seemed like a long way, especially carrying a sleeping kid. I kept getting lost on the way back to the room. It was FOREVER away (or at least it seemed like it) from Classic Hall and the morning coffee in the refillable mug. After that stay, we’ve had standard rooms in the 60’s and 70’s the last five stays.

1 Like

Maybe they’ve never stayed in any other section and don’t know what they are missing??

2 Likes

Yeah the worst stay I ever had at Pop was in the far 80s building. My guess is people who drive like being by the parking lot? I really only like the 60s and 70s buildings at Pop.

1 Like

Well the 90s was the best decade, so …

Yep!!! CSR: this is where I always ask to stay:
“But the real winner is Cabanas 8C, with average satisfaction at a whopping 4.81. That enough to land it in the top 10 of all buildings on WDW property. It’s a really quick walk to the lobby and transportation, and it basically has its own quiet pool.”

Walk out of room 8840 and the quiet pool gate is bam

2 Likes

Yeah! I got AOA right. We love building 6!

When we stayed at Pop, we where in 60s (right where the “s” is on the map for “60s”). Location was great for ease of access to Skyliner and the main building…but I’m not sure I’d choose it again because it was loud being that close to the main pool like that. I think I would have been fine if we had been on the backside of the building instead.

Theming was meh, though…mostly because we weren’t children of the 60s. I wasn’t born until '73, so I think of myself more an 80s child! Still, when we originally put in our room request, we asked for something in the 70s, but were upgraded to a preferred room in 60s instead.

The walk from the 60s parking lot to the building was rather annoying.

1 Like

I always hear this about different resorts, but aren’t the pool hours only till like 10pm? Do you still hear noise after that, or do you just go to bed before 10pm? (I can’t physically fall asleep unless it’s at least 10:30pm.)

I was born in '83 and consider myself a 90s child. Totally makes sense.

Oh. I’m talking all day long. We would go back to the room and you couldn’t escape the noise. Even into the evening. But we also tend to go to bed early, so there’s that as well. (Particularly during a pandemic, and no park is open in the evening!)

1 Like

Gotcha. Noise in the daytime doesn’t bother me too much, but I guess it depends on just how loud we’re talking. Like a low rumble? Or might as well not be any walls?

Somewhere in between. Basically such that you could sing along with the music, or play along with the person doing the trivia games with the door closed…but definitely muted. As I said, I think it would have been perfectly find on the opposite side of the building.

1 Like

To me, the mid-day screeching by youngsters at the pool when anyone (adults or children) is trying to nap, is very annoying.

3 Likes

I always wonder why pool view is more expensive than standard :joy:

3 Likes

What, you don’t want to pay more for this?

5 Likes

Thankfully that horrible nightmare is gone now!

3 Likes

We were on the backside of building 5 and it was really quiet. That pool can get loud so that may be why it did not rate higher