Best Brunch outside the parks?

Staying offsite, don’t want to rope drop, so we are thinking of doing mid-day magic tickets. Arrive around 9-10 daily, explore the resort areas, then to the gates by 12. Any suggestions for a good sit down brunch at each of the areas? 2 Adults, neither of us is familiar with the layout other than online maps. Casual attire preferred.

It’s not open yet so I can’t say for sure what it’s like, but I’m planning a brunch that I’m excited about at Topolino’s Terrace - brunch with Mickey and then (fingers crossed!) a ride on the Skyliner to Hollywood Studios.

We really liked Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge) for brunch when we went in April. Classic brunch stuff, plus dishes with interesting African flavors.

The CG brunch gets great reviews, although I haven’t had a chance to try it yet. If you’re feeling less “deluxe” Raglan Road has a very good brunch.

1 Like

Truth be told, if I was staying off-site and was looking for an off-site brunch, I’d investigate what the various hotels in the area have. The chances are you’ll find a better value off property than on.

True, but also trying to minimize multiple uber trips. Want to just head to the resort area nearest the park visiting that day, and explore the area beforehand.

Are you paying OOP? I’ve been looking at Kona Cafe, Grand Floridian Cafe and Ale & Compass for our next trip, which are pretty reasonably priced (for WDW) and close to a park (or two). I haven’t been to any of them though, I’ve just been going off reviews online. If you have the time, I do think Disney Springs is a good option as you can take the Disney buses from there after you eat.

1 Like

Just remember, if you go to DS, in order to go to a park, you have to go to a resort first and change buses.

1 Like

Good point. Thank you. ETA: It would work pretty well for MK, EP, DHS if you picked the right resort, right?

Homecomin’ I’d meant to have a great brunch menu. House of Blues has a gospel brunch on sundays that is also getting great reviews.

1 Like

Disney Food Blog has this list. All the restaurants mentioned work for the plan to Uber there and then use Disney transportation to get to a resort (although this is slightly more annoying for the Disney Springs options, because you have to transfer at a resort).

If you choose to go to DS you can always take a relaxing boat ride back to one of the DS resorts and then bus to any of the parks from there. I think Disney transportation can be an attraction in itself!

Is transportation available to non-resort guests? I always thought it was a perk for staying on site.

Anyone can use the Disney transportation. monorail, bus, boat, and now skyliner!

Nope! They will bus anyone and everyone anywhere within their property. This way you can spend all your money at all the places! https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/faq/transportation/public-complimentary-transportation/

1 Like

Def cali grill but it’s expensive and only on Sunday

Plus a dress code, which may or may not be a problem, depending on OP’s definition of “casual attire”.

I would love to try the CG brunch. We booked our trip about 90 days out and I haven’t managed to find an ADR yet for the one and only Sunday we’re there. Fingers crossed (and alerts running).

1 Like

We’ve done this once before and I saw all kinds of clothing. I don’t think they are super strict.

2 Likes

STK at Disney Springs has an excellent brunch

Trattoria al Forno Bon Voyage Breakfast is great and then walk to Epcot. The four seasons restaurant looks really good for late breakfast but I don’t know if they have transportation to parks for those who aren’t staying there.