Best approach into SWGE

interesting. I don’t know if we’ll do it or not but it’s something to consider.

1 Like

The Falcon is positioned in a way that the big reveal is stunning from any entrance. I think I prefer the feel of the transition and slow build using the Critter Country path though.

1 Like

The best places to use SR are RSR, Grizzly River Run, Matterhorn, Space Mountain (when available - @Julianne_fki said it was closed last week), Indiana Jones, and MFSR.

The standby line for Incredicoaster usually isn’t very long, and when the standby line is long, SR is often just as long or possibly longer.

2 Likes

I forgot to mention Splash Mountain as well. Especially nice if one of you doesn’t want to ride.

2 Likes

Don’t forget to look in the windows of the Emporium on Main Street. Beautiful, moving window displays! Also, you can climb on the firetruck in the fire station if you want. Look for Walt’s lamp in the window.

As far as the SR lines and being separated, Space is the only one where this seems intentional. At Splash and RSR (those are the three we use the most), they just fill in the available space. We often get two of our party of three in the same car at RSR doing SR line.

3 Likes

I had a cast memeber who was very strict about this on Incredicostar. Purposefully put me with the girl in front of me and her mother in a row by herself.

Maybe the trick is, as you get up to the CM, say loudly, “well it was nice meeting you, I hope you have a great rest of your trip!”

3 Likes

I added some lines that illustrate (my personal and very subjective) opinion on this question.

The blue line is how we first entered and it was purely controlled by the cast members directing us on our reservation when entrance to the the land was by reservation only. I loved how we got to walk past all of the rock structure that tied the Big Thunder Ranch trail to SW:GE. Then, going under the bridge with the railroad, there was a very noticeable moment when it (and almost every little bit of DLR as I knew it) melted away to to transition to SW:GE. For this route to be successful for your first good view of the Millennium Falcon, you do have to bear right when you start seeing droids and then navigate left at the First Order area, but once you are at that point, it’s just straight ahead to that beautiful hunk of junk. I am by no means a Star Wars superfan and at best consider myself a casual fan but once I crossed through where the yellow is on this map (it’s trying to be a star, I promise), I was overwhelmed with just how good it was coming up on it at that angle, and totally didn’t expect it to be so emotional. So, if you do consider yourself a superfan, I demand you also enter from that vantage point to (hopefully) get that feeling too.

That being said, I don’t think you necessarily need to do the entire blue route exactly, just so long as your first glance of the MF is from the yellow (trying to be) a star-ish like mark on this map.

Whatever you do, avoid where the orange (trying to X’s) are for your first pass at the MF. That area (the overlook to the MF area) is really cool too, but you’ll end up coming up on the MF from a much different and less awesome vantage point (and will have to walk down a bunch of stairs that you have to pay attention to walking down instead of just gaping in awe at the wonder before you).

So the route @Jeff_AZ suggests is a fabulous option, especially because (important for your first time) you don’t have to remember which way to turn and get going a wrong direction and come at it a different way than you intended to and maybe lose (some of) that first impression awe moment.

And then lastly, I added the pink line to illustrate the full path of where SW:GE starts to transition to that nice peaceful walk in on the Resistance side that @93111tink mentioned. It’s a fabulous approach too, especially at night. I LOVE coming in that way night.

I’ll echo the advice that there really is no wrong way to enter as they did SUCH a good job transitioning to SW:GE from the existing parts of the park that I don’t think you can go wrong. It’s just a matter of preference of what speaks to you most about Star Wars and what you’d be most excited to see/build up to.

4 Likes

Now that you mention it, I think the blue line is the way we entered SWGE on opening weekend as well. I do like the BTMRR entrance under the RR bridge. I think the key is approaching the Millennium Falcon from the right side by the cantina.

3 Likes