Best approach into SWGE

I see there are multiple ways to enter SWGE.

What is your preferred approach for most striking first look? I heard a preference mentioned on a podcast I listened to on my drive home from NJ last week - and it was one that I thought made a lot of sense - but I can’t remember what they said, nor can I recall which podcast it was on :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

The way I entered the very first time, and the way I think it is intended to make the best impact, is to enter from the side by Pinocchio / Casey Jr., then keep right past the first order area, the Cantina, and straight on to the Millennium Falcon.

Since I’m having a hard time orienting myself due to lack of experience, does that keep BTMRR on my righthand side, or on my lefthand side as we approach SWGE?

1 Like

Left. Let me snag a map to show you.

I have a map - well kind of. I’m working on my TP right now. Keep BTMRR on my left is good enough for me :slight_smile:
Thanks!

1 Like

The red line is what I’m thinking.

2 Likes

Yup that’s what I have on my TP map too.

Appreciate the help! :smiley: 25 days :scream:

Now watch Genie enter the pic and explode my plans

3 Likes

Woot woot! I need something to look forward to - might as well be your trip I guess. :joy:

1 Like

This is very helpful for our upcoming trip next week!!! Is there another entrance exit on the opposite side???

1 Like

There are three entrances if I am looking at the map properly. See my red lines for reference

@Jeff_AZ has highlighted the best approach but there are two others

3 Likes

I think the entrance Jeff highlighted is the one DD18 and I used the first time we entered. We could hear, but not see, the Storm Troopers in the First Order area. (This was when they would walk among us.) I felt so immersed in the story that I wanted to hide! It was pretty amazing.

2 Likes

@OBNurseNH’s map shows the three entrances. The one on the left is only convenient if you are close to Splash Mountain or Haunted Mansion. I’ve used all three entrances depending on where I was immediately before / after my time on Batuu.

I didn’t realize it was soon! I am so jealously excited for you. I think you are just going to love it.

Have you done a: “what little things do I need to know?” thread? With stuff like this on it!

1 Like

No? I’ve bookmarked a crap ton of stuff, built, rebuilt, and rebuilt again some TP (and am bracing for G+ news to come and wreck them all). And I have a list going in my AnyList app that I add to for things I don’t want to miss while there.

But if you were to give me your top 5 tips for DL touring, what would they be? It’s just me and DH and we are at GCH

2 Likes

Others should weigh in, some are not top 5, just little things. Some things I would put have gone away because of the pandemic.

1. plan to ride RSR at night
  2. plan to ride GOTG at different times of day, but definitely once at night. By that point it is a party in a box.
  3. get the front row of Indy, outside seat for the best effects.
  4. understand going in how amazing DL space mountain is and plan accordingly
  5. take full advantage of SR. Act like you don’t know each other when you get to the CM and they are more likely to put you together. They will purposefully separate you if they know you are together.
  6. QS was awesome, hope it still is.

Navigational Tip: Adventureland is kind of tucked back behind Riverbelle Terrace and easy to miss when coming from New Orleans Square. You expect it to flow like WDW but it does not! Remeber Pirates is kind of both in Adventureland and NOS so is the marker for the entrance to Adventureland by staying to your far right.

1 Like

I am sure there are bigger worries, but those are my tiny stand outs!

1 Like

I love the Hungry Bear way, which is the long way :rofl::blush:. And if RDing Haunted Mansion it is the way to go. I love the views and sounds and coming in past RotR you get to see the market place ( so beautiful at night!) They seriously need to sell those steel lanterns :heart_eyes:. Then I go around past Droid Depot, past the milk stand across from first order cargo to pass the Cantina and get the Millennium Falcon full view. Then exit the same way but going past Dok’s and the Ronto roasters :rofl::heart:

2 Likes

Here are some that come to mind:

1. Treat Disneyland primarily as a monument to Walt, secondarily as a place with rides. Check out all the details, take note of the differences with WDW, and focus on the rides that were there from the beginning or had Walt’s hand in them.
  2. They may be quaint, but don’t skip It’s a Small World with its holiday overlay, Snow White, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, and the Enchanted Tiki Room.
  3. Because it’s at the back of the park and there’s so much else to do in DLR, SWGE doesn’t get as crowded as early or stay crowded as late as at WDW. Don’t rush to MFSR. Space Mountain, Matterhorn, Haunted Mansion, and Indiana Jones should be a higher priority in the morning.
  4. Snacks are key. Beignets at the Mint Julep Bar, a Dole Whip at the Tropical Hideaway, ice cream at Clarabelle’s, and a churro from any cart (look for specialty churros if any of them strike your fancy) are must-dos for us every trip. You will probably want to stop at the Cozy Cone Motel in Cars Land as well.
  5. Since you are staying at GCH, ride Grizzly River Run just before an afternoon break so you can go back to your hotel room to change if you get soaked. There is a single rider line if standby is long.
3 Likes

That is definitely the long way! :rofl: But there is no wrong way to enter Batuu!

1 Like

So true! They wouldn’t let @Julianne_fki and I sit together on Space…but didn’t put anyone else next to her either. Then they put me on the next train all alone. It made no sense at all!

1 Like