Best Accommodations for travel dates 5/1/2020-5/9/2020

I either need two rooms, or a 1 bedroom cabin/villa. I’ve run some numbers and come up with this:
-2 rooms at Pop Century (currently the cheapest listed on WDW website): $3241.68 (booked through Undercover Tourist)
-2 rooms at POR (booked through UT): $4726.38
-Fort Wilderness cabin (booked through UT): $3627.74
-AKL 1 bedroom villa (renting DVC points through David’s): $3186
-AKL 1 bedroom villa (booked though individual): $3009

When i went in May 2 years ago, Disney had a 20% off room only deal that allowed us to stay at POR for $1500.

Do you think it would be a good idea to wait until a discount is available and then book at a resort at a room-only rate, or does DVC look like the best option in this case?

Thank you for your thoughts and opinions!

ETA the closer i can get to spending $3000 on accommodations, the better!! i am definitely interested in savings here, moreso than nicest place to stay

It would be important to know the makeup of your travel party in order to be best suited to provide a good response. Different groups would call for different responses. Who will you be traveling with??

Spouse, mother-in-law, 2 year old, and 4 month old.

The first question that comes to mind around a 1BR is whether your MIL will balk at sleeping on a pull-out sofa – or whether you and your spouse will give up the king bed in the bedroom and stay in the living room with the older child who would sleep on the sleeper chair. With the kids it would be super convenient to have the kitchen, the two baths (if you stay at Kidani - the 1BR at Jambo have just one bathroom), and the washer/dryer. I would definitely suggest that if your MIL is okay on the pull-out-sofa

2 Likes

I’ve slept on the pull out – its quite fine. And while I like Jambo better than Kidani, the Kidani one- bedrooms are MUCH nicer than the Jambos, especially with multiple adults to have 2 bathrooms.

1 Like

Oh I don’t doubt it. I am just wondering about a MIL buying into that.

Yes, you are right it is something to check on!

She’s very laid back. I have yet to ask, but I don’t doubt she would be willing to sleep on the pull out, no problem.

I’ll definitely look more into DVC. It’s a bit nerve-wracking, having never done it before, but I feel like it’s one of those things that once you do it and it works out, you’re a lot more comfortable doing it in the future.

1 Like

Make sure you’re fully informed about policies around cancellation (hint: you eat the cost!). Packages with WDW are far more forgiving. It’s a matter of what risk you want to take for cost savings - or avoid by paying more.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. The villa Price range I would want isn’t available for that time, so we’ll stick with pop century for now.

Here’s a question for you, if you’re willing/able to answer:

Let’s say I book room-only through Disney now, and then in February or March find a too-good-to-pass-up Priceline Express deal- am I easily able to modify/cancel my current room reservation? I figure if it’s a good enough deal, it might even be worth it to eat the cost of a lost deposit.

You can cancel room-only up to 5days ahead of trip start penalty-free. Packages can be canceled up until final payment, or 30 days ahead, penalty-free

1 Like