Best accommodations for party of 8

We need accommodations for eight OR accommodations for 6 with a room for 2 close together. Recommendations?

It it possible to book two rooms of 4?

Possible but not preferred. I am looking at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa . Do you have any experience with this hotel?

No. But if you are thinking of booking through Disney you may want to consider renting points.

I’m looking at mousesavers.com as well as the unofficial guide to see how to get the best price.
What are rental points?

Saratoga is a Disney Vacation Club resort. You can rent a room from Disney or you can go through a 3rd party and arrange to rent points for the room. David’s DVC and DVC Rental Store are two places you can rent points.

2 Likes

I have to say for the cost of housing 8 people I would seriously consider staying offsite. I know it’s not the most popular opinion but it’s so much more economical and with that many people in the party you’re going to want some room to spread out so you aren’t climbing on each other’s nerves 24 hours a day. Unless you’re springing for a Grand Villa fitting 8 in even a 2 bedroom will be tight.

You can get a 4 bedroom house with a private pool and hot tub for a fraction of the cost of two Disney resort rooms. Plus you always have the option of eating food at the house to save some more money as it’ll have a full kitchen. Even adding in the cost of a rental car you will be saving a lot of money.

Another popular choice is the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. You could get a 3 or 4 bedroom presidential suite for less than one room on property. The resort is actually a timeshare property so you can rent a room from the owners pretty cheaply. It gets great reviews and it actually on property it just isn’t owned by Disney.

1 Like

We have a large family(8) and over spring break we booked 2 adjoining rooms at Coronado Springs it worked out well we felt we had plenty of space. This option was much cheaper than booking a suite that would hold all 8 of us.

I stayed in a 2BR@BLT. We had 6, but it sleeps 9. It had (1) King, (2) queens, a sleeper sofa (big enough for 2) and a sleeper chair for (1) in the main living area. I rented points. Best thing was it also had a washer and dryer.

3 Likes

As other advised, I would definitely rent DVC points and get a two bedroom. Bay Lake Tower is my favorite!

1 Like