Behind the Seeds

What is this tour? Is it worth the time and money? Do I need to book far in advance? I have two DD9,5… Thanks!

It’s a walking tour through the Living with the Land ride. You tour through the greenhouses and usually get to sample some fruit or a vegetable. It doesn’t normally book up in advance but if you’re going at a busy time you can always pre-book just to be sure. It gets really good reviews and if you use your Disney Visa to pay for it you get a 15% discount.

1 Like

This thread has a lot of good information. (I love that the Forum is searchable!)

2 Likes

Did you guys actually end up going @SallyEppcot? I can’t remember.

Nope. I think we all decided that even with 2 Epcot days, there were just too many things to see, do and eat to spend such a large chunk of time doing the tour.

1 Like

I went about 3 years ago with (at the time) DS2. It’s not really for kids, and I would say is more like a tour at a science museum. I love science, so this was great for me and DH. DS2 was the only child on the tour. The tour went by very fast, but I don’t remember how long it was. We did not book in advance, but we attended in January. The whole tour was extremely informative and very interesting. That being said, I could not imagine my (now), very active, never stops moving DS5 attending this tour, he would be bouncing off the walls!

How far in advance can you book the tours like this? Is it the same as ADRs or FPP reservations, or is there a different time window?

You can call (407) WDW-TOUR or (407) 939-8687 to schedule it in advance, but I’m pretty sure most people sign up for it that same day, in person. You get a small discount if you pay with a Chase Disney Visa.

2 Likes

Pretty sure all the tours open up at 180 days as well. I remember booking our KTTK very far out around the time we did our ADR’s

2 Likes

Thank you, @SallyEppcot & @Outer1!

3 Likes

We are going this time, although my family doesn’t know it. We rode Living with the Land for the first time last trip and loved it. We also are all big on gardening so…

Really looking forward to it!

1 Like

We went last Wednesday. I had booked at 180 days since it was during F&G - I thought they might be filling up. They cap it at 17 people, and our tour had 13. I don’t think you have to book it too far out. We thought it was very interesting, but I wouldn’t take under-10’s. My dd13 mainly enjoyed waving to people going by in the boats. It was a pretty neat feeling to go through the Flight Crew Only door and be walking through the greenhouses. DD15 said it was much more interesting than she’d expected.

1 Like