Bear in MK today

his MDE was crashing and he just wanted to see CBJ before it goes under refurbishment

7 Likes

He’s only just heard about Splash Mountain and is pissed!

4 Likes

An update I just read said that the bear was seen behind BTMRR, not TSI, and was never in any guest areas.

The bear has been tranquilized and carried out in a tarp to be safely relocated to the wild

11 Likes

He and Brer Fox were making a run for it.

7 Likes

Yes :wink:

4 Likes

A black bear spotted at Walt Disney World led to several Magic Kingdom theme park attractions being temporarily closed on Monday.

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission biologists with the bear-management program are on the scene, and staff members are working to capture the bear for relocation.

“We are working with the Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission and have made the decision to reopen Frontierland, Liberty Square and Adventureland at Magic Kingdom Park,” according to an official statement from Disney World.

Tom Sawyer Island, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Liberty Square Riverboats and Walt Disney World Railroad are among the Magic Kingdom attractions listed as “temporarily closed” on the My Disney Experience app.

4 Likes

Looking for beer. Probably…

4 Likes

Hmm. Is Touring Plans going to offer an option for “unexpected potentially dangerous animal sightings”? I would hate to think my plan for the day is ruined simply because TouringPlans didn’t properly take into account such possibilities.

9 Likes

So they closed down Frontierland, Liberty Square, and Adventureland, but it turns out the people who were closest to the danger were in … it’s a small world?

hashtag irony

4 Likes

Black bears live in the swamps. They arent usually large like brown bears (aka the Country Bears). They usually aren’t overly aggressive either. They tend to run away from people. Now don’t try to pet one, lol. I’m actually surprised it hasn’t happened more in recent history.

Black bears can swim pretty well. Looking at this view, and taking into consideration that the bear would shy away from buildings and parking lots- HM, TSI and BTMRR were the most in danger. Adventureland closure was probably more of a formality- closing off the entrances to that side of the park to keep order until the bear was removed. I heard he was discovered on TSI by a CM. That CM probably spooked the bear causing it to head north and further into wooded lands.

3 Likes

18 Likes

They found their 1,000th haunt. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

There is everything in Florida lol. But yeah, we get bears in the backyard occasionally.

5 Likes

As long as the ride is not down, she’s happy

Image122

12 Likes

Lol! :rofl:

1 Like

Another Lol! :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Anyone going to a MSSSHP soon? I will buy you a bear costume

11 Likes

Universal Twitter is fantastic

10 Likes

Im loving all the Disney bear memes out there! I may post a bunch in the memes thread if others dont.

4 Likes