Beachcomber Shacks at Typhoon Lagoon

I do not think so.

Hi all, reviving this thread. I appreciate all this input about the shacks/cabanas.

I’m debating getting one, and would love your input on my travel situation. It’ll be myself and my sister (maybe my brother in law) and 4 kids, 16, 11, 6, 5. I anticipate the 16 and 11 year old to play with the younger kids quite a bit. We’ll be going at the end of April.

1 - my sister and I might be in the water some, but would definitely prefer to sit in the shade and keep a general eye on the kiddos.
2 - can the older/taller kids play with the younger kids in the small kids area? The 16 year old wants to be a teacher, and isn’t a rowdy player. I know the younger kids will love the cousin company.
3 - We plan to be there all day.
4 - Would you rent a cabana or just try to get some chairs in the shade?

Thanks for any input you can give.

This is a really personal question but I love cabanas and get them whenever I can. We got one in this area and it was very shady and comfortable and large,

They had two kinds of cabanas in this area but we got the Premium Plus and it was further back and a bit more private right over the lazy river:

2 Likes

We wound up being pretty happy with our TL cabana and have done them a few times since.

I will say that we did not go for the upgraded cabana and have always been assigned the ones just to the side of the big wave pool which are not at all private (we had to awkwardly have the attendants shoo people out of them on multiple occasions). I will still get them again because I like the guaranteed shade and food service and we consistently lose one of my children and it’s nice for him to have a place he can easily find to meet us.
If I were part of a larger group or were more bothered by evicting random grandmas trying to get some shade, I would go for the upgraded option for sure.

3 Likes

In case it comes up, I will put in a word against the premium chairs at Blizzard Beach. They were incredibly remotely located. To be fair, we were very active there and didn’t sit anywhere much but we literally never went back to them until the end of the day to retrieve our things and it was a pain to have to do even that. There we would have been better off with a locker or any random chair.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t think I’d ever do chairs. I’d just try to rope drop and get my own but the cabanas I love for food delivery too. It just makes lunch peaceful and relaxing and easy and I agree with teens it’s nice to have a place to gather and find each other since we’re more likely to split up. And the cabanas tend to be in roped off areas for only cabana guests so I’ve never come and found someone in it! That’s crazy and I wouldn’t want to deal with that.

1 Like

I haven’t been yet, but have been watching lots of videos. For a group like yours (lots of people, little ones) if you plan to stay all day, I would totally do it!

For my family of three we got the umbrella. But DD is 13 so less need for a home base.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the input!
I think I am going to get the regular shack. I plan to do this the weekend after the Springtime Challenge run, and will appreciate the space, seats, and not waiting in line for food.