Be Our Guest without fast pass

We’re hoping to go to Be Our Guest for lunch on Valentine’s Day (Feb 14th) in a few weeks. We’re not eligible for Fast Pass. The Crowd Calendar has Magic Kingdom at an “8” that day. What are our odds of getting in if we line up before the place opens at 10:30? Will we be let in right away, or given a reservation to come back later? I’m not sure how to incorporate this into our touring plan for the day. Any ideas or tips? Or should we not even bother on such a crowded day?

I’d say ‘very low’. We had a 10:30am FPP in November (on a 3-4 day), and when we walked up, the SB line was already all the way across the bridge.

If you want to eat at BoG without a FPP, you’d probably need to start lining up ~9/9:30am. Up to you if giving up 2+ hours of touring time is worth it to you.

Granted, I’ve already had the experience, but it wouldn’t be worth it to me…

Some people have mentioned that if you show up at 2 PM there is a chance of getting in standby. I don’t know if it’s “official policy” or not, but there have been times that the castle has been open for touring prior to the start of lunch. The restaurant IS beautiful and worth checking out, but I found the lunch food to be no better than “CS average”. It’s a one and done for me. I would probably go back if I could snag a dinner ADR…

[quote=“bswan26, post:3, topic:9690”]
Some people have mentioned that if you show up at 2 PM there is a chance of getting in standby[/quote]
Within the last year I’ve twice eaten late lunches at Be Our Guest without FPP reservations. On June 2, 2014 I got in line at 2:15 PM and was seated (after ordering) at 2:25. On December 14, 2014 I got in line at 1:56 PM and was finished ordering my food at 2:21 PM. Those are the only two recent times I attempted to use the “standby” line at Be Our Guest and I was successful both times.

[quote=“bswan26, post:3, topic:9690”]
I found the lunch food to be no better than “CS average”[/quote]

During my visits, I’ve found the quality of food at Be Our Guest to be considerably better than anything else I’ve eaten in the Magic Kingdom (I’ve been there five times for lunch thus far).