BC vs YC vs BW

Yes I don’t think my son would like it

We are definitely speaking the same language here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When are you going?

For me YC / BC for the pool, but not stayed at BW - to be honest I couldn’t bear looking across at Stormalong Bay and not be able to go in.

Both BW and BC are getting refurbs, including what appears to be exterior work at BW. The work at BW could start early Summer and BCV has started but is apparently on hold until late Summer - though not confirmed.

YC seems to have a more adult vibe than BC, yet close enough to make use of Bc and also the whole Boardwalk scene - Jelly Rolls etc.

2 Likes

I’ve stayed at all three in regular rooms (not DVC) and love all of them for different reasons. DH, who is less into Disney, would put YC first because it was the most like a high-end hotel. Sometimes the “deluxe” hotels at Disney are in price only. I like YC because it shares a bus with BC and YC gets picked up first and dropped off first. The quick food is nearly non-existent, though.

IIRC our room at BWI was larger and it was nice being so close to HS. You need to go outside to get to food if you want QS breakfast or to use the refillable cups. It didn’t mean anything to us because we just snack on a breakfast bar and make coffee in the room.

We like Stormalong Bay but as others have said, if it’s nice out it can be packed and not a lounging kind of place. Still, I love the lazy river.

I just pick based on which one has the best rate when we go.

2 Likes

I recommend a ground floor patio hotel room at BC and ask for one facing Epcot even though you have zero view. The benefit is an easy walk to Epcot , boardwalk and storm along bay pool, as you can just walk out patio door to walkway. The other ground floor rooms have shrubs I believe. Anything that reduces the walking a bit! And walking outside seems to be faster with no cleaning crews or elevators or luggage blocking the hallways. We also enjoyed hanging out on the bridge near the room and watching nightly fireworks without the extra effort of going into the park. Enjoy!

4 Likes

The QS breakfast is better than the options at BW and BC, IMO. But I like Ale & Compass too.

2 Likes

Actually at the end of April. We switched around some days and I had originally booked another resort but I want to move to the Epcot resort area.

1 Like

I always find this question fascinating because each of these resorts have their defenders.

I’m a BCV person myself, but given your fact pattern I would go for BW. It has the most balanced walk between EP and HS and is more adult-focused than BC.

YC would also be a good option – very “grown up” feeling but a little less convenient to Skyliner and slightly greater walking distance.

BCV strikes me as much more family-oriented, which is why we go there. SAB is not a relaxing pool, but all the resorts have quiet pools.

3 Likes

I’d stay Beach Club. We’ve stayed at all 3 but favorite was BC. Because our touring plan was Epcot every evening.

Our rooms were almost as far from the lobby as possible which meant as close to Epcot’s International Gate as possible. We’d go down the hall, turn right, stairs at the end and out to walkway to Epcot.

We had a lovely view of trees.

7 Likes

This would be a great spot to stay in for BC!

4 Likes

I should add the work at BW is underway on the Inn side, lobby etc.

3 Likes

This is my least favorite tho it did necessitate walking right past the ice cream spot and we always needed a rest.

6 Likes

If you have room numbers I would love to know them. Are first floor patio rooms a particular category? I usually just book online.

2 Likes

The BC was 1994. I have no idea even what floor we were on. Definitely not first. Probably top floor. :smile: We had 3 rooms midway down that hallway.

YC was 2001. Again, no idea.

I do generally have an idea of wing. :blush:

2 Likes

Hmmm. When we stayed in our ground floor patio at BC, there was a walkway running along first building up to BC villa building. I assume it’s still there, just not on map?

Check out room locator tool on touring plans. Most have shrubs in front, but wing closest to Epcot has walkway directly off patio

2 Likes

I don’t know. Walked right past there in June but didn’t even look at the building. Had a Cosmic Rewind boarding group more in my mind. :smile::wink::blush:

1 Like

This is great news - I had missed the news that this already started. Last time I checked it was still being planned. About time, the rooms at BW have been very washed out.

I imagine it will take a while, probably most of 2023 for it to be completed

From what I found, BC so far has had refurb started on the DVC side only.

Will be very interesting to see these two resorts fully updated!

4 Likes

If I knew about the refurbs sooner I might have considered BC, but it seems like the prices are usually a bit higher there than YC since it’s more popular. I also thought we’d be less likely to be eligible for discounts there and I’d rather have the discount!

2 Likes

I would pick YC over BC every day. I love that resort and theming.

4 Likes

I am replying before reading the other comments, but I’d choose YC over BC because it’s a little bit more chill. Rooms are fairly recently updated, you get the POOL :heart_eyes:, and it feels like the more adult side of the YC/BC area. YC is also fairly compact. And just so lovely.

The boardwalk rooms are so tired. And it’s a pain to get back inside the hotel — somehow going up those stairs at the end of the day seems daunting. (There are other ways in but it always just felt like the rooms were soooo far away.)

Ooh good point!! Even if you’re not in the room that much, having coffee on the balcony in the morning is… maybe one of the best parts of the trip. Swoon.

7 Likes