BBB/Pirate alternatives?

DD10 already outgrew character dresses, and doesn’t like to get her hair done. I’ve seen they have Character Coutour does it include any youth size clothing, or just adult? Is it close price wise as BBB? For reference she only 55 inches but a 34 chest size :sob:. I’d like to just have her nails, a bit of eye makeup and let her pick a dress before 1900 Park Fare dinner one day of our trip.

As far as I know, Character Couture does not have dresses available. (I may just not know about it, though. I’m far from an expert!) I don’t see why you couldn’t make a make-up and nails appointment at the Ivy Trellis Salon, though. I’d suggest calling them and asking about it. Maybe you could take DD on a special shopping trip to pick out a dressy dress before you leave?

Here’s a website comparing BBB to Ivy Trellis.

2 Likes

Shop Disney has some dresses in her size. https://www.shopdisney.com/collections/the-dress-shop-collection?sort=popularity&order=desc&genders=Girls
You could also look on Etsy.

We have 3 girls and my wife gets all their Disney dresses from Mom Approved Costumes.

2 Likes

I don’t have kids, so I’m not going to say anything useful here. Walking around Disney I think BBB must be both a real highlight and a real obstacle. It’s expensive. NO. Really expensive isn’t it? And it’s probably really hard to say no to your daughters and have them walk around seeing all the dressed up little girls. It makes me both sad not to have a daughter to do it with and glad that I don’t have to contend with it.

One of my favorite memories from WDW though was a friend and I did afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian. At the next table was a woman and her daughter (dressed up as a princess.) They looked so happy.

1 Like

Luckily DD10 doesn’t want to necessarily do BBB. She just likes getting to get nails done, and getting to wear makeup which usually comes once or twice a year without Disney: Halloween and Father Daughter Dance. Dresses wise she just wants anything pretty. (The kid already sees prom dresses and points out which she would wear in the mall lol) Unfortunately she’s been unhappy to already have “developed” and gotten curvy over the past year. emotions on being able to fit in her clothes has been all over the place. I’ll admit the only dress I have in my closet is my wedding dress, so us doing anything “girly” together doesn’t happen very often.

1 Like