Backside of Magic :(

You guys made me smile, and that doesn’t happen often. No exciting reason, the show just is a lot of work and we are old and tired. We will miss it a lot, but not reconsidering. We’ve had time to make peace with saying goodnight. On the last show, we will recommend places people go for good Disney info and this forum will definitely be on the list. There are a lot of good ideas and smart discussion here, even if I don’t remember to check as often as I should.

36 Likes

You guys made my Tuesday morning drive to work so much fun! I’ll miss hearing your voices and your funny banter and your awesome (albeit ethically questionable :wink: ) tips. Lots of Disney love to you @jeremy1002 !

6 Likes

@jeremy1002 someday soon I’ll manage to set up iTunes to leave you guys a proper review (I listen through Spotify), but I’d like to say something here since I have the chance. Last year my son was diagnosed with Cancer (he’s fine now, thank God), and we’ve been planning our first trip to Disney this coming Halloween to celebrate his recovery. Over the last 6 months I’ve been slowly working through Backside of Magic starting with the first episode, but also listening to the new one each Tuesday to keep updated. I listen while I run (I started doing that to cope with the Cancer craziness), as well as my short 20-minute commute to work. Well, I guess I just want to say this: You and Ryan have been a solace for me when my life was upside down. Listening to yall talk about the nuts and bolts of WDW vacations has allowed me to escape for a few minutes each day. You’ve also inspired me to try things I wouldn’t have otherwise, like renting DVC points and pursuing DVC ownership. I can’t wait to get my first popcorn bucket. I will sorely miss your show, but I understand your decision to end it. It had a great run. Cheers!

30 Likes

Is it weird that I read that in your voice? It has been a great show with a level and style of humor that I can relate to. I don’t know what that says about me, but here we are.

7 Likes

First and foremost, I am glad to hear that your son is well. That we helped you through that time is something I never in a million years would have guessed our show was capable of doing. Thank you for sharing that with us, and I can assure you that it will be something I think about for a long time when reflecting on the show’s successes & failures. Screw a review on iTunes, just put your feet up and keep jamming with Spotify. Best to you & your family.

15 Likes

I can say that I have gotten quite used to listening to your show every Tuesday morning while having my coffee. I have learned so much from you guys, I cant even begin to tell. As much as I will miss hearing you in the future I do completely understand why it is time to bring to an end. I just want to thank you for your dedication and openness of sharing your Disney knowledge. I know that Ryan has been a guest on the TP podcast and I hope that both of you can do this in the future. Good luck to both of you and I certainly hope we have not heard the last from you.

2 Likes

I am :sob:

I listen to others but theirs is among my top 3

7 Likes

I am sad about this as well!

4 Likes

I hope you’ll be around.

And don’t forget to smile. There are many reasons to, even in this crazy world. I recall a certain series of photos on twitter recently as proof.

4 Likes

Jeremy, you have made me smile so many Tuesday mornings. I truly have enjoyed your dry sense of humor. I have learned a lot from you and your sidekick. Thank you!

2 Likes

I had the exact same reaction. It was a shitty end to a challenging day

4 Likes

I finally caught today’s episode on my commute home, and at the end as they talked about “a new format” it suddenly got real. I am actually very very sad.

Thank you for the fun, laughs, and so much gray-area information, @jeremy1002 and @rcbarker. You guys will be missed.

5 Likes

I’m really going to miss you two characters. I loved hearing your take on the latest Disney developments and your musings about ways to get the most out of each trip. I have learned a lot from you both and appreciate the time and energy you poured into each show.

3 Likes

Perhaps my favorite as well Laura, they will be missed.

1 Like

This is a catastrophe whose magnitude cannot be overstated.

BOM is the best WDW podcast bar none, and it’s not even close.

It’s only equal is the DFB YouTube channel. If that shut down too I’d just give up and sit in a darkened room, awaiting the sweet release of death.

Huge thanks to @jeremy1002 and Ryan for providing so much entertainment and information. You’ll be very much missed. You’re part of my weekly routine.

11 Likes

@jeremy1002 and Ryan I love your show. I only found your show in December but I’ve caught up with nearly a year of your back catalog. I am sure you’ll continue to help folks with the great shows you’ve shared.

You’ll be missed on Tuesday mornings from 6 weeks time. I secretly hope you pop up in my feed again one day, even if randomly.

2 Likes

Mousematt, close to what?

I started listening for tips last April right after we booked our first vacation in about 10 years based on a friend’s recommendation. Our trip came and went in December and was greatly enhanced by all the tips I picked up on your show. We had the (first?) trip of a lifetime and really felt like we saved a ton of money and got great value out of the money we did spend. I kept listening after returning home even though I have no intention of going back for years, just because I really enjoy the banter and I really personally enjoy the thought exercise of squeezing the most out of a Disney Vacation. You guys will be sorely missed! Best of luck in whatever’s next!

Any chance you can direct people to a central place, maybe your Facebook page, where “like minded” folks can share tips. So many of the Disney Tips Facebook pages are cluttered with “What’s a Fastpass?” and “Did you know you can make restaurant reservations 180 days in advance?”

6 Likes

“How much do fast passes cost?”

3 Likes

Surprised%20Dog

4 Likes