Backside of Magic :(

I’m so sad the Backside of Magic podcast is ending in five weeks. Anyone have Disney podcasts they love to listen to? I listen to a few but backside was one of my favorites

6 Likes

There are a few good lists here. Here is one thread:

4 Likes

Nooooo! It’s ending? That makes me so sad - whenever I start to really miss Disney I’ve been listening to back episodes.

3 Likes

I love the Disney Dish–always so interesting!

2 Likes

I know! I’ve been listening to old ones as well. They announced on this morning’s show that there’s 5 shows left.

WDW today is another one I really like. I, of course, like the Touring Plans podcast but I like having consistent ones that come out regularly.

2 Likes

Very sad to hear this, I have been listening to them for over a year now.

2 Likes

I tend to like trip reports, listener questions and tips on perks or making trips “easier” (Disney Visa card, reviews of EMM or DAH, tips on where to stand or when to arrive or what to buy or discounts…) I’m more about learning about current trips and tips and less about Disney Nostalgia when it comes to Podcasts. If anyone has specific podcast suggestions, lemme know.

6 Likes

Shannon at WDW Prep School is clear, precise, knowledgable and actually goes to WDW a good bit. She always seems up-to-date regarding the information she shares (in contrast to some of the most well-known podcasters who can come off like they are living on yesterday’s knowledge of WDW.)

What I like about her trip reports is that she interviews the person both right before the trip and then right after, so you hear the progression of their thinking and planning and how things actually changed in real time vs. what they had on paper.

This is the link to her Podcast via iTunes: ‎WDW Prep To Go - a Disney World planning podcast on Apple Podcasts

5 Likes

I listen to her as well! I do enjoy her trip reports. Are hers regular? I feel like I randomly find them in my library.

Unfortunately not as regular as I would like. I do like her podcasts, but I feel like they are published so infrequently, I have a hard time remembering to search them up and listen to them.

2 Likes

I’m upset about this too. I just started listening a few months ago and it’s quickly become one of my faves, especially when you get to this level of being Disney-obsessed, looking for clever ways to save money and work the system is like a sport. I’m truly sad they’re going away. :frowning:

7 Likes

I’m terribly upset that they are ending the show. They are my absolute favorites. I really enjoy their dry wit, attention to detail, and creativity when it comes to touring/visiting WDW.

7 Likes

Did they give a reason?

I am so upset that they are leaving. They are so good at their show and always so quick and helpful whenever I have a question.
They will be missed.

1 Like

I’m a WDW Radio girl 100%. The only one I regularly listen to.

1 Like

I was coming here to post about this too! I’m devastated! Totally bummed me out this morning.

@jeremy1002 – are you sure you won’t come back with an episode here or there? Ever?!? Y’all are the best! :sob::sob:

6 Likes

Exactly! I feel like so many of the the Disney Podcasts take 30 minutes to get to the point of the show (I’m looking at you DisUnplugged!)

3 Likes

They said it was a long time coming, they always knew it would end around 175 episodes and that they’ll talk more about it on the last show. It was a great episode this morning with lots of info and at the VERY END they were like Oh by the way… and I yelled WHAT!?! in my car by myself.

4 Likes

I just subscribed. I’ll check it out, thanks!

1 Like

I was about to make a few suggestions from the ones I listen to, but I realized that the ones I listen to are mostly about history and nostalgia.

Another that might match what you are looking for: The Be Our Guest podcast. Good Luck!

2 Likes