Back-up options: Let's chat about WL BR/CC

Last night, my wife and I decided to change everything. We’re now thinking of switching entirely to Boardwalk Villa 1-bedroom for the entire trip, dropping the idea of BLT and WL entirely. We did some comparisons, and watched a few YouTube videos touring each of the options we were considering.

From a room design perspective, we actually like CCV and BWV best. BLT is third, and BRV is last (it is older and dated looking by comparison).

From a transportation perspective, BWV comes out on top…particularly because we anticipate popping into Epcot more often than anywhere else.

From just an overall grounds perspective, we still like BLT and WL better than BWV, though.

So, at the moment, our first choice is now Boardwalk 1-bedroom Standard view (but we could afford a Preferred View at BWV if a Standard isn’t available). It is a shame we’ll no longer be at a Monorail resort. I love the monorail. But I feel it is best, and my wife is on board. And if the wife is happy, everyone’s happy! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This year it was available but Gslaxy’s Edge may impact?

I think for an adults trip being able to eat out in world show case would be great fun!

1 Like

Shhh! Don’t jinx it!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, wondering if you could give me some advice on cc villa. I had heard first floor is not great because it is below first floor? And top floor have a cement wall balcony. Just wondering if you’ve had any experience with this. Just trying to decide on what kind of room to request. Also what kind of room to try and book through dvc as they give you a choice of full tub or walk in shower. Thanks for any help!

We have family looking to rent points for an October 2020 stay and one thing that I didn’t think of that you may want to consider @ryan1 is that while the accommodation may be available on the DVC website, the rental agency must also have a member at that resort with enough points for your stay. I’ve seen suggestions to request with more than one agency to increase your chances of getting a listing that matches.

I’m in contact with a person, now, who I’ll be renting from directly for the BWV. So I think everything is in order now! But we have back-up plans in place in case that falls through for some reason.

Excellent! We love BWV. The proximity to Epcot is the best

We’ve stayed on the 3rd floor and been very happy with that. “Normal” balcony but off the ground, so slightly better views. As for the tub vs shower, we stay in 1BR villas which have both. If I was travelling without small kids I’d do the walk-in shower - the rain shower heads are nice and big, and the water pressure is good. :slight_smile:

The option to just walk over to EPCOT WS to eat is why we booked BWV for our trip this April. My son’s favorite meal at WDW is the fish and chips at Rose and Crown, and that’s really close but so is France, etc. Plus, you’ve got the quick boat ride or leisurely walk to HS and of course the restaurants on the Boardwalk itself, plus the ones in the Beach Club and around the lake. The bus to MK or AK can be a bummer, but not enough that it outweighs the other advantages for us. We are trying for a room that looks over the quiet pool, so we can see the HS fireworks from there. Good luck!