Back to the Magic of Disneyland….a Holiday semi-live Trip Report

C & D gates are in Terminal 4. Not sure what the gate areas in Terminal 3 are called - SW flies out of 4 so those are the only gates I know.

2 Likes

Both are in terminal 4 I think. I’ve been here before, but it’s been awhile.

1 Like

Terminal 4 has A, B, C, and D gates. Mostly American and Southwest. United, Delta, JetBlue are out of Terminal 3 and the gates are E and F. All gates are accessible within terminal 4 without leaving security, but it’s a huge hike to get from A/B to C/D. You have to leave security to get between 3 and 4.

Here’s the restaurant map for Terminal 4. I like the options in A / B better than C / D, but there are some decent spots throughout. If you are at the A gates, you have to walk all the way around to get to C or D because of the placement of the security checkpoint. It’s almost a full mile walk, with moving walkways.

We ate at Panera the last time we were here, when I got off the plane today I thought there would be a Panera right there, but there wasn’t. I see now this terminal is huge!

2 Likes

That’s right. I think I’m usually at the E gates. And usually none of the food service there is open. :joy:

2 Likes

I made it to SNA, got my luggage and headed to the Lyft area. My new friend Jesus picked me up after a 3 minute wait, and will be dropping me at the hotel in about 5 minutes. He just took his 2 year old to DL last Thursday for his birthday. Apparently he loved the rides, but hated the characters and screamed the whole time they were eating breakfast at Plaza Inn. His 2 year old liked it fine. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

14 Likes

:joy::joy:

3 Likes

You’re channeling your inner Julianne and getting the Lyft driver’s life story! I love it! :joy:

11 Likes

@Wahoohokie and @Julianne_fki making friends wherever they go!!

Have a fabulous trip @Wahoohokie and enjoy the long overdue time with your DL gang!

9 Likes

Especially random men. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

13 Likes

Genie Plus is still down, so no way to know how it might have worked today. I wonder what their plan is for tomorrow, if they will try again or wait a bit?

I have been getting my exercise walking around Disneyland, stopped for the holiday toffee pretzel. Now I have to walk a lot more. It was okay, the sauce it comes with was weird (I think it was marshmallow), but the pretzel itself was good. Very sweet and I thought I probably shouldn’t eat it all, but no one likes a quitter so shushed that voice and finished it.

I cruised through Toon Town and Fantasyland, but didn’t ride anything because I am not a huge solo ride person, I much prefer to ride with family and/or friends.

I changed my mind when I got to this little gem. Posted time was 30 minutes, but Disney is still fibbing on the ride lines as it only took 9 minutes.

16 Likes

Well done.

4 Likes

Chris Rea - If you've got a friend in Jesus... - YouTube ??

4 Likes

OMG that was so :drooling_face:

chocolate marshmallow

5 Likes

After BTMR it was getting dark. I continued burning off that pertzel, taking in the sights.

I rode Jungle Cruise (why no Jingle this year? We know DL has plenty of decorations), it was posted 30 minutes as well, but 13 minutes later I was on a boat. I quite like the tree they have outside the ride entrance.

I needed to head over to the Craftsman Bar to meet friends, but had to get a good look at the castle first.

I met my friends, I had the prickly pear rose, that became a raspberry rose as prickly pear is not in season. I also had the chicken shawarma skewers.

We had a lovely time, you might recognize these two lovely ladies from the picture @93111tink posted above- back in 2014 with the Uh Oa drink outside at Trader Sam’s.

15 Likes

I wanted to see the fireworks tonight, so found a spot in the hub to watch. Unfortunately I had a few annoying things blocking me, so will watch again another night. This is where I rant about those dumb giant balloons with 15 foot long strings that people tie to their stroller and it blocks many people’s view behind them. Grrrr. I will have to see if I got any decent pictures later. That damn balloon moved nonstop through the whole show. And then somehow this odd set of ears managed to get in front of me at the end:

10 Likes

SNA landing and Dana Point VRBO view. Hope I can make it tomorrow and see you

12 Likes

You both are winging your way to California and DLR. meanwhile I’m on a plane about to fly to Orlando! You guys have all the Anaheim fun and I’ll try to have all the Orlando fun. :grin:

12 Likes